Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Print multiple forms as one print job

Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

I used to be able to select a dozen invoices, print them to SnagIt, and get one file with 12 pages. Now I get 12 files of 1 page that have to be saved individually. Vote for this!

"Print multiple forms as one print job"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

A big thanks to Stuckster for posting a workaround that people can use in the meantime while we're working on this. We're certainly happy to look into making this this change in a future update, its great to see so many votes and comments on this, anyone who hasn't already and wants to see this changed please do keep voting.

73 Comments
Stuckster
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This was also frustrating us. Fortunately we found a relatively easy workaround until MYOB fixes it.

Most companies have a need to review monthly invoices before sending out to customers and this is usually done by someone who is not sitting in front of MYOB. We used to be able to print all invoices as a single pdf for easy emailing or printing, but this is no longer possible in AccountRight.

Here's the workaround (for PC) using free software called PDF Creator.

http://www.pdfforge.org/

Once you have correctly installed PDF Creator...

1. In MYOB select all invoices for printing and click Print

2. Select PDF Creator as the printer and click Print

3. A PDF dialogue box will open. Click "Wait - Collect" to open the print queue.

4. You will see each individual document loading into the print queue.

5. Once they have finished loading, click Document > Combine All

6. Wait a few seconds for PDF Creator to combine them into one pdf.

7. Click on Documents > Print

That's it! Hope it helps.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Thanks Stuckster will give that a go Smiley Happy

CookieMan
2 Posts
Cover User

Our printer can staple 2 copies of an invoice when printed immediately after capture. However, when batch printing, MYOB sends the batch as 1 print job, so it staples the whole batch of different invoices together. Can batch printing send each invoice as an independent print job to facilitate auto stapling of 2 copies of an invoice?

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea. We definitely like to hear about ways we can improve workflow. We would love to hear what other users think. Please keep the votes and comments coming.
garfield13
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

THANKS a MILLION Stuckster!!!!!

This fixed also the printing 2X - It is all perfect!!!

You are a star!!Cat Wink

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
A big thanks to Stuckster for posting a workaround that people can use in the meantime while we're working on this. We're certainly happy to look into making this this change in a future update, its great to see so many votes and comments on this, anyone who hasn't already and wants to see this changed please do keep voting.
Hightech
1 Post
Cover User

This function was available in V19. The option to print to PDF as one file or separate files would be great.

Happy_Gecko
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please remedy this ASAP.  Even Stuckster's workaround takes me way longer than it used to - not that I'm ungrateful.  Before I read that, I was about to roll back to V19 it was making so much more work for me.  I've put off upgrading to 2014 as long as possible but I knew it had to be done.  Got to say it hasn't been worth the pain.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback @Happy_Gecko, I will share it with the team. 

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

CharlotteN
4 Posts
Cover User

I like to save my pay slips on file as well as printing them. Using AccountRight Plus v19, I would save them to file with Microsoft XPS Document writer, and I have been very happy with this. Since upgrading to AccountRight 2014, instead of saving all the pay slips as one file, it saves each pay slip as a separate file. This is very annoying and time consuming as I have to name each file individually. Could this please be changed somehow?