Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Retain window column layout between versions

Cover User

15Posts

46Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

We all have our own form layout for invoice/statement coulum sizes, however with every update those personal sizing default to MYOB standard which have to changed back to the user setting. Could they be saved & rolled over with the updates?

"Window column layout between verisons"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Hi @Dave_D 

I've changed your idea to be Under consideration as it does have some merit. If you are upgrading between versions it does not remember the column widths set on relevant windows, this does not affect customise forms which are independent. 

I would encourage other users that would like to see the columns widths which the user has set in a version migrate to the new version when upgrading to Vote and Comment if required for this idea.

9 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Dave_D 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and customise forms.

I've done some testing in regards to the customising forms and upgrading them between versions. From my testing the form columns widths are not changing for myself. Are you able to provide an example of what you are referring to please?

Dave_D
15 Posts
Cover User

Hi, every time MYOB posts a newer vision my coloums default back to MYOB standard widths (on the screen anyway). To be fair I haven't tried to print before altering (screen) coloum widths to see if they remain print as-per-screen or as-per customized forms?

Thanks for the reply anyway. D

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Dave_D 

Thanks for that information, so its not the customise forms but the actual on screen column widths? For example the Sales>>Enter Sales - column widths are changing size are upgrading or closing down?

Dave_D
15 Posts
Cover User

Tested. Screen layout is not the same as form so not a real problem just a little annoying each time you update. Thanks anyway. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Dave_D 

I've changed your idea to be Under consideration as it does have some merit. If you are upgrading between versions it does not remember the column widths set on relevant windows, this does not affect customise forms which are independent. 

I would encourage other users that would like to see the columns widths which the user has set in a version migrate to the new version when upgrading to Vote and Comment if required for this idea.

kathavachat
Partner
18 Posts
Partner

Every time I upgrade AccountRight I have to re-size the columns for my transactions (ie invoices, purchases etc) as the columns revert to original set up.  There is not enough space in the Description Column to see what is written.  Can MYOB please fix this to remember our previous version's saved window settings or something?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would share a workaround that you can use in regards to this idea. The workaround has been provided by @TonyLane and is available on 2014.3 Screen Layouts - Custom Column Sizing 

This is a manual process but it does allows for those layouts to be pulled through. Currently this idea has been marked as Under Consideration and we are still encouraging clients that would like to see those layout automatically upgrade with the program to vote and comment for this idea.

adam-uws
4 Posts
Cover User

Why is it then when you do an upgrade with MYOB you have to do everything over again:

- Unpin MYOB 2016.1.1 from your task bar

- Pin MYOB 2016.2.1 to your task bar

- Change the location of the windows inside MYOB

- Change the size of the fields inside the windows

This is even before i begin to do work.

Once again for a company which cost so much every month to have the BRAINS behind the upgrade not thinking about us the consumer is why i've switched one business to Xero already.

Get into 2016 MYOB!!!!

Geejay
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Having been suggested a long time ago, I consider this should have been implemented by now.  It should not be down to how many users request it, it should never have been an issue.