Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Attachment documents

Partner

1Posts

184Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Partner
Australia

Is there any way we can attach invoices to spend money.  We have around 20 Credit cards for the business and it would make life simpler if we could attach the invoices in spend money rather than entering each invoice into a purchases and paying via pay bills.

thank you

"Attaching invoices in Spend Money"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2018

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1. I'm pleased to announce that documents can be uploaded and attached to Spend Money transactions. For more information on this release please see AccountRight 2018.4.1 now available

68 Comments
JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

We have been asking for this feature since the intray feature was added it must be close to 2 years by now.  This must be one of requested features on here....Dont hold your breath, for a modern online softeware company the wheels turn very slowly at MYOB.  We got budgeting in Essentials but no job costing or header accounts.  I dont know where MYOB gets its priorities from.

You can get this feature with add on apps such as shoebox and receipt bank (although I dont think receipt bank works with MYOB)

Because myob still lacks this essential feature we are seeing a lot of clients move to Quick Books Online which has a smart phone app that will let your take a pic of a receipt and have it flow through to match your bank feeds.  All done without the need for an add on app and at the moment roughly 1/3 of the myob price.

PLEASE MYOB ADD THIS FEATURE SCANNED DOCUMENTS TO THE BANK FEEDS WHITHOUT A NEED TO GO THROUGH THE PURCHASES MODULE AND WHILST YOUR AT IT GET AN APP THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO SCAN THE RECEIPTS AND SEND DIRECTLY TO THE INTRAY AND SHOW UP WITH POSSIBLE MATCHES ON THE BANK FEEDS.  YOU COULD BUY AN A SCANNING APP FOR LESS THAN $7000 AND CONVERT IT TO A PRORIETARY SCANNING APP FOR MYOB.  CAN YOU AT LEAST GIVE US A DATE WHEN EITHER OF THESE @ THINGS  ARE LIKELY TO HAPPEN SO I CAN TELL MY MYOB CLIENTS TO HOLD ON AND NOT LEAVE TO QBO

Ryan-C
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Voting to recent comments on this post.

We need to be able to upload credit card reciepts to spend money like we can with invoices from customers.

As Vicki says: "fuel bills" - while there are work arounds - like doing your fuels bills as a bill rather than spend money. If you do this, it then means a direct debit agreement where you can set up a rule as spend money in bank feeds - can't have a copy of the invoice attached - and we have to store these elsewhere.

Small but very significant oversight to not have provided the option. Is like providing a car for sale with windows and airconditioning but no seats to sit on - just sit on the floor. Still works, gets you there with the luxury of aircon too - simply a little hard for the driver to operate, and forget long journeys... hire an Uber taxi.

I have been working with other freinds who use Quickbooks and I am actually impressed at the advantages.

They are definately a few very useful steps infront right now.

I do hope MYOB catch up in the next 6-12months

Alissa_Jamieson
7 Posts
Cover User

I would like to see the addition of a 'Spend Money' option in the In Tray so I can attach copies of receipts to assist in substatiating Spend Money/Reimburnsements for staff.

Gramarc
2 Posts
Cover User

Having just used the In Tray for the first time, I was dumb founded to find that once you have scanned your bill there is no option to scan the payment.  Is it possible that an In Tray be created for Spend Money / Pay Purchases so i can become a paperless office. 

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

CAN SOMEONE REPLY TO US IN THE QUESTION WHEN WILL MYOB DELIVER THE ABILITY TO MATCH A SCANNED DOCUMENT TO A BANK FEED/SPEND MONEY.

CAN SOMEONE FROM MYOB IF THE ABOVE REQUEST IS NOT IN THE PIPELINE TELL ME OF A PROGRAM THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH MYOB ESSENTIALS THAT WILL DO IT.  IE DOES RECEIPT BANK WORK WITH MYOB ESSENTIALS....I NEED A SOLUTION SO CLIENTS DONT LEAVE TO THE HEAVILY ADVERTISED QBO THAT DOES HAVE THIS FEATURE.

DO YOU PEOPLE AT MYOB VALUE YOUR JOB.....NO CUSTOMERS NO JOBS.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi James (@JamesSullivan), 

Thank you for your comments on this idea. I can see that like many others on this post you'd like to see the In-Tray feature to be extended to other transactions such as Spend Money. 

Our developers are aware of the interest from our customers and partners, like yourself, to improve this area, and are trying to get things in motion to do some work on improving and expanding the In-Tray feature.

At this stage, we unfortunately do not have a specific time on how soon this may be. However I'd like to assure you that your feedback and those from others requesting this (and other product enhancements) plays a very important role in our product development teams' prioritisation process. 

I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything on this topic. 

Regards, 

Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

ozscot
5 Posts
Cover User

I would love to see this happen.

Ryan-C
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I fully Support this, it is a dire need. xero, or quickbooks is ahead here in this respect.

There is numerous reasons why we need to be able to attach invoices or other info to spend money also. I have asked for this in other posts maybe 10months ago but it is not making much progress at this stage

Paul_Cutler
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is there any timeframe for this feature?

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Paul unfortunately MYOB does not have a timeframe for this.  They are going to wait until all my clients have moved to QBO which has this feature (and a great little app to go with it for half the price) because then they wont have any clients and will not need to do this Essential upgrade.  PS I have been asking for this for almost 2 years....dont hold your breath.