Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Attachment documents

Partner

1Posts

184Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Partner
Australia

Is there any way we can attach invoices to spend money.  We have around 20 Credit cards for the business and it would make life simpler if we could attach the invoices in spend money rather than entering each invoice into a purchases and paying via pay bills.

thank you

"Attaching invoices in Spend Money"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2018

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1. I'm pleased to announce that documents can be uploaded and attached to Spend Money transactions. For more information on this release please see AccountRight 2018.4.1 now available

68 Comments
MOBS
Experienced Partner
50 Posts
Experienced Partner

This would be so fantastic. Many of my clients are hanging out to use this feature but they don't have the need or requirement to use Purchases. They woudl love it!

Mooloolaba
1 Post
Cover User

I'm guessing from the posts here that nothing has yet been done about this.  Disappointing.

Anyway, I agree with the posts above and encourage MYOB development team to make a means of attaching an external document to any transaction, but particularly to include the feature within the spend money section.

futurepeople
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I think this is a great idea, and long overdue. I would add to this the ability to attach supplier invoices to the 'new purchase' screen in accounts payable.  That way if you ever need to view an invoice for detail, it's right there.  (Especially as you can't view the full comments on screen once the period has been locked).

XERO has had this feature for a while now.

Thanks

Smiley Happy 

netty
2 Posts
Cover User

Honestly thought myob would have done this by now as other programs do have been doing this for some time now. Come on MYOB catch up

SVy
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Really, really would like this functionality please!  I have spoken to numerous people in MYOB about it too.

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

This wasn't a new idea as the original post suggests....we have been asking for this since the intray came into being...as you need a third party application to capture all cash based transactions.  So the idea is at least 3 years old....Go to Quickbooks Online.....half the price and they have an app on your phone and you can take a pic of your receipt and code it and it will match to your bank feeds.....MYOB take note we no longer refer clients to use MYOB and issues arise with myob they will be moved off MYOB.  We are also changing our practice software from MYOB.  I dont know where you are spending all these research dollars but I cant see it from where I am at.

SVy
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Given the lack of functionality within MYOB in this area, I have trialled at least 3 of the "add-ons" to try to develop a solution for this.  All of them have significant limitations, and add a significant amount of processing time to what should be a simple Spend Money, link to image transaction.  Please give this further consideration MYOB, as I too have been exploring alternatives due to this issue alone.

DeborahRose
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

Yes PLEASE add this option. I need to be able to add dockets on spend money too, I don't want to have to enter a purchase transaction to 'add' the docket or receipt, but I do need to keep track of the dockets for the accountant.

DeborahRose
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

Hi, when using the 'spend money' option in Accountright live, I would like the option to be able to attach the invoice or docket it relates to.  Can this functionality be added PLEASE?!

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

I no longer recomend MYOB to my clients because of the lack of this feature QBO has it at half the price....