Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Attachment documents

Partner

1Posts

184Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Partner
Australia

Is there any way we can attach invoices to spend money.  We have around 20 Credit cards for the business and it would make life simpler if we could attach the invoices in spend money rather than entering each invoice into a purchases and paying via pay bills.

thank you

"Attaching invoices in Spend Money"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2018

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1. I'm pleased to announce that documents can be uploaded and attached to Spend Money transactions. For more information on this release please see AccountRight 2018.4.1 now available

68 Comments
Ash_Prabhu
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I love the option of "In Tray" option for Purchases. 

Is it possible to have this option for "Spend Money" option. It will be easier to record the small receipts and not being worried amount misplacing the same.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@Ash_Prabhu

Hi Adam,

This is a terrific idea.

However you are far from the first person to request this option and you may like to add your vote for this to the following request from 2016:

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Spend-Money-Attachment-documents/idi-p/40441...

or this request from 2016

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Expand-In-Tray-Feature-to-all-transaction...

As you can see, these requests from users take a while.

Regards,

Alan

WBL_Leigh
3 Posts
Cover User

It would be great if there was an In Tray for Spend Money. To be able to go paperless we would need to be able to link invoices/receipts to Spend Money transactions.

Spectrum2017
1 Post
Cover User

Yes it will be very easy if we have attachment under Spend Money, We do have the same problem

Kim_0001
2 Posts
Cover User

I would like an app that links to Account Right, which allows staff to take photos of reciepts when they are on the road (eg. fuel receipts) then uploads them to the In Tray or a spend money. Therefore reciepts aren't being lost/damaged and I can keep track of them more easily.

DeannaK
Trusted Cover User
126 Posts
Trusted Cover User

YES! Current system to attach invoices to purchases is great, but not the complete picture.

grandcru
4 Posts
Cover User

Dear MYOB,

Many small businesses who operate on a cash basis only use the spend money function direct from the banking screen. There is no benefit to messing around with the 2 step process of recording a purchase invoice and then a payment when there are no accrual considerations - and it takes twice as long. Those businesses shouldn't have to do double the work unnecessarily just to access the document attachment function. This is not a low priority item MYOB, you should have had this sorted out ages ago.

Attaching workpapers to a journal entry, contracts to a customer or supplier cards, and staff docs to a staff card would be incredibly useful too. If we could attach leave forms, rosters and timesheets to a payrun, that would be amazing. In Xero, you can do most of these things. You can even attach evidence docs to a Sales invoice and email it all to the client direct from the software. Pretty sure you guys need to do more to catch up.

The Intray should be global to the software, with the ability to create multiple transaction types from that area, not limited to purchases only. 

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Quick MYOB fix this whilst we still have some clients left on Essentials.....I think i have been asking for this feature for almost 4 years.  In the last 3 months we have lost 3 essentials clients to QBO and haven''t had a new Essential client  for over 6 months.  The way its going you will have to make changes to your Practice software so it integrates with the other software suppliers because we wont have any left on MYOB accounting software to integrate with..  Lets move some of the failed MYOB marketing staff across to IT develoopment to get these improvements....they could do a survey to see what is the most wanted feature....

Sheree_Small
2 Posts
User

Not that I can find, it would be a very useful option, Xero has this function.

Sheree_Small
2 Posts
User

Yes please, this would be very useful, Xero has this function.