Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Attachment documents

Partner

1Posts

184Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Partner
Australia

Is there any way we can attach invoices to spend money.  We have around 20 Credit cards for the business and it would make life simpler if we could attach the invoices in spend money rather than entering each invoice into a purchases and paying via pay bills.

thank you

"Attaching invoices in Spend Money"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2018

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1. I'm pleased to announce that documents can be uploaded and attached to Spend Money transactions. For more information on this release please see AccountRight 2018.4.1 now available

68 Comments
MandyN
1 Post
Cover User

Hi. I would like to be able to attach receipts/invoices to spend money transactions as well for credit card etc.

Macona
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes please....pdf attachments to all transactions... not just Purchases and Sales...Quickbooks can do it in the register from Memory.

As it has been requested so often where is it sitting a the moment please?

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

dont hold your breath on this request........the wheels turn very slowly at MYOB.................the majority of my clients are on a cash basis....and pretty much all my clients dont have a fuel account an app to put your fuel receipts etc through would be invaluable....we have been requesting this feature ever since the Intray came out.....Due to the lack of this feature our MYOB based practice has had very few of our clients chose MYOB in recent times.  Also quite a few have moved to other accounting software....where this feature is offered.

Gluteus
4 Posts
Cover User

This seems like a no brainer to me.  Can't believe it hasn't happened yet!

Come on MYOB make it happen!

Guide3008
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Having this ability would make auditing so much simpler.

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Don't hold your breath on this one...being askiing for this feature for over 3 years....I honestly dont know where they are spending all their research money.  We haven't had a new MYOB file |(AR or essentials ) opened this year  and probably 4 or 5 clients leave.  Its hard to recommend it when you know the other software providers have this feature and it is a lessor price.  I can only see MYOB share of the market getting less and less.

The intray is a great feature...but just not usable for cash transactions.  MYOB save your millions......buy an online receipt app.  Reconfigure it ...rebadge it myob so that it is configured  for the right image size and sends automatically into the intray from the right email where it is scanned.  Give me a day or so with the programmers and we will have these transactions push out directly into the bank feeds where they can be matched.  Problem solved.  Come on MYOB why is this so hard.

I am a MYOB practice software user where AR and Essentials posts directly into Client Accounting.   Problem is soon I wont have an clients using the underlying MYOB accouning software.

RMAE
1 Post
Cover User

I am thinking of moving to Xero for this function. This addition would save me hours of paperwork and the hassel of losing receipts.

Karen-131_1031
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I Would love to see more In Trays in other areas of MYOB AccountRight.

In Trays - Sales - Enter a Purchase order into an In Tray, then when you send your Invoice it would also go with the invoice automatically so they get their Purchase order sent as well as your Invoice, it would be extremely handy and save time.

In Trays - Banking - Sometimes you use Spend money or receive money. For e.g BAS, PAYG, Super those kind of things if we had an in tray in Banking then we could be linking also those invoice/paperworks to those banking transactions.

The more we can link transactions to all our enteries the better for tax later on, esp, if audited it would all be there.

I think this would be amazing i always use my in tray in Purchases I would love it in other areas, its such a great tool. Thanks.

P.s At the moment for some reason my in tray isn't working properly if I am only putting 1 invoice is, its not registering it and i have to go out then back in and then i can link it to the purchase. There seems to be a glitch at the moment. Cheers

Kathy_S
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Any movement on this?

Kathy_S
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The In Tray is a great feature for purchases and reduces paper as most invoices we receive are emailed.  Is there any work being done on upgrading the features?  Some suggestions/ideas:

• Banking: Receipts to Spend Money (I know this has been raised before)
  • Sales:  quotes and/or correspondence
  • Payroll:  employee contracts or personnel record.

Bulk documents to one Purchase. For example we have a 30 day account with a large company and this generates a significant number of invoices over the period.  At the moment we keep them all together then scan them in as one document.

Any update on this would be appreciated.

Kathy