Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money/Receive Money: Ability to Insert/Delete Rows (General Journals)

Partner

243Posts

464Kudos

0Solutions

243 Posts
Partner
Australia

It would be really useful if MYOB had the ability to insert rows in Spend Money/Receive Money/General Journals transactions (you can do it in purchase/sales invoices) – it is extremely frustrating when something has been entered and a line is missing, you then need to redo a section of the journal if you want it in a particular order (or especially with recurring journals that may slightly change from month to month and you want to insert a line, but not at the bottom). 

This would be easily overcome with the ability to insert lines in these types of transactions.  What do other people think or am I the only one that wants the order of line items to be in a specific order?

"Ability to Insert/Delete rows in Spend/Receive Money and General Journals"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2012

This is a great idea and one we will consider for a future update. If others think this would be a valuable feature please vote for it as it will help us prioritise our work.

32 Comments
Aspen
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi, 

Is it possible to add a feature in which you can add a line to a reoccuring transaction (General journal/ bills etc) at any point in the template, (similar to Excel ädd a line/column). Currently if you wish to add a line to the middle of the template you have to delete the whole thing and start a new template.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Hi Aspen/MYOB,

This is actually a duplicated idea - that already has 77 votes.  Hopefully MYOB will take notice and implement.

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Ability-to-Insert-Delete-rows-in-Spend-Recei...

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi there,

When we enter receive money transactions from the bank feeds and try and change the default GST code an extra transaction line appears on the next line (that we don't need or want).  Can this be fixed so this doesn't happen.  

I know it only seems a small issue but is very time consuming when you have 100 receive monies to enter manually in a month?

Bank Feeds.jpg

"Extra transaction line appearing on bank feed receive money transactions"

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CloudMindAcc

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and Receive Money transactions

Currently the second line is generated off the income account from the customer card. So when you select the tax code, the cursor automatically defaults to the next line and of course adds in the default line of the card (based on the income account). I would encourage other users that would like to see that second line not get generated by the change to the tax code to vote and comment if required for this idea.

The workaround would be to remove the income account from the card (Card file>>Cards lists>>Select the Card>>Select the Selling Detail tab>>Income account - left hand side). Please note that this would slow the data entry down as you would need to select the account.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

MYOB Moderator.. Thanks for the explanation but I  still don't understand when I select the tax code why we automatically go to the next second line?   If I wanted to move to the second line I would press TAB on the keyboard. If I don't press TAB I would expect to remain on the same transaction line.   (This is how MYOB has always functioned) so I think this is a bug more than idea and the work of ease is not happening here.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CloudMindAcc

In previous versions i.e. AccountRight Classic there was an extra field (if you want to call it that). When you entered a tax code for a line it would move the focus point to the Tax Code dropdown option - which would show you a full list of tax codes. 

In AccountRight 201x when you enter into the tax code the list and the list dropdown are basically one field and therefore it picks them together. When you select a tax code, the focus point moves to the next line and therefore would generate a line off that (which is based off the Income account on the Card). While it tabs to the next line if no income account is linked on the card it will not generate a line off that.

Its a bit of making data entry quicker for the one line, so you don't have that extra tab. But having the income account in makes that second line so its harder to remove. However I'll share your feedback on with the team.

BernadetteB
7 Posts
Cover User

I have a really long recurring general journal & every now & again I need to insert a new line into the middle of the journal so that the journal agrees to and is in the same order as the source document.  Is there any way to insert a new line into a general journal?

BernadetteB
7 Posts
Cover User

this would be so helpful.  I waste so much time re-entering journals that are extremely long.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BernadetteB

Its great to see that you have showed your support for this idea by commenting.  I've shared your comments with the team.

Along with commenting you might like to show your support by voting for ideas on the AccountRight Idea Exchange. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name. 

Ozkitchens
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Today I have found this very frustrating I need to delete a line and I can't in spend money.