Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Remove the warning for Pay Bill transactions (when supplier is selected)

Partner

33Posts

122Kudos

0Solutions

33 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi, one of the more annoying features that I find is when MYOB wants to persistently warn me when I make a Spend Money entry that perhaps I should be using Purchases for this entry when this is not so.  This annoying little warning holds me up every time.

Thanks Debbie

"Remove or provide an option to remove the warnings for Purchase Entries"

If the cheque you are entering is a payment for a purchase that you have recorded, you should be using "Pay Bills" instead of "Spend Money"

Attachment.PNG

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion @DebTraj .Anyone who would like and opion to disable or hide pop-up warnings please cast your vote here. Please comment stating which warnings you would like to be able to disable.

63 Comments
Andrew67
1 Post
User

I came looking for an answer to the same question!  Is there a way of getting rid of this warning and others?

MarilynM
2 Posts
Cover User

I would like the warning which appears when using Spend Money optional.  It has been 7 years since this post started.  Has anything been done about it yet?

I have looked but can't find anything.

Cheers

Fussycat
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

I enter a lot of expenses paid by credit card as 'spend money' because they are usually for many different suppliers. The warning that pops up is really annoying and time consuming. If MYOB could either get rid of the warning altogether or at least provide an option to not display the warning, that would be very much appreciated.

Hopefully thanking you in advance??

Lydia

Odyssey
3 Posts
Cover User

This can't be that hard that it takes 7 years to resolve. Should be less than a days work to add an option and hide the warning message if it is true.

Stillonhold
10 Posts
Cover User

Come on MYOB Sort this out already

payrollers
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

It feels like time stands still in myob land. 

When will this warning be disable-able?

Will it take a whole decade!

lets see

Smiley Happy

Fussycat
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Hi Yes please MYOB - this warning drives me insane as I enter a lot of spend money transactions each month. It is very time consuming to have to deal with this annoying warning...

If you dont know when you should be using Purchases or Spend Money you should probably not be entering any data at all!!

Also the only time I believe a warning SHOULD be popping up, it doesnt, and this is when you are paying bills, where the amount entered as the payment amount ends up not being the same as the invoices entered for that payment, MYOB simply takes the amount off the next invoice with no warning!! That scenario SHOULD have a pop up warning you that the amount is not the same as the payment amount instead of just allocating the payment balance to the next invoice, which then leaves that invoice as part paid. 

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,119 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestion for adding an additional feature to our software. We genuinely appreciate your input and your engagement with our product.

We understand the importance of this feature to you, and we'll carefully evaluate its feasibility and potential benefits. While we can't make any promises at this moment, we will do our best to provide you with a decision or update on this request in the coming weeks.

Once again, thank you for your suggestion and for being a valued user of our software.
Regards,
Earl

Stillonhold
10 Posts
Cover User

Hi Earl

This reply, on a complaint post that is coming up to 10 Years on,  is a waste of words.
As if you "need to understand the feasability and potential benefits"
These generic responses are insulting to the users.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

As a bookkeeper who checks client processing - I actually like this reminder - as it is a warning/prompt for clients who constantly enter spend money transactions instead of pay bills - maybe a preference to have it on or off would be better, don't just turn it off.