Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money: Remove the warning for Pay Bill transactions (when supplier is selected)

Partner

33Posts

122Kudos

0Solutions

33 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi, one of the more annoying features that I find is when MYOB wants to persistently warn me when I make a Spend Money entry that perhaps I should be using Purchases for this entry when this is not so.  This annoying little warning holds me up every time.

Thanks Debbie

"Remove or provide an option to remove the warnings for Purchase Entries"

If the cheque you are entering is a payment for a purchase that you have recorded, you should be using "Pay Bills" instead of "Spend Money"

Attachment.PNG

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion @DebTraj .Anyone who would like and opion to disable or hide pop-up warnings please cast your vote here. Please comment stating which warnings you would like to be able to disable.

63 Comments
SL0507
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello,

Has there been any progress with this yet?

I would love to remove the pop up each time i'm trying to reconcile transcation that needs the feature of spend money only for the pop up to say would I like to do this as a bill payment and pay the bill.. very time consuming

karensaccounts
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

In Account Right Plus AU 2020.2.2 under Banking, spend money, can this warning notification have the option to be removed at all please? Its coming up twice, one you have to click off and then also in yellow next to the card name.

If the cheque you are entering is a payment for a purchase that you have recorded, you should be using "Pay Bills" instead of "Spend Money"

BDBK
1 Post
User

The fact that this has not been changed in 6 years is ridiculous. This obnoxious and time consuming warning is enough to make me consider other software options.

DaveHamill
4 Posts
Cover User

Is there a way the Spemd Money Warning can be disabled? It requires at least 3 clicks of the mouse every time it is used and is rather infuriating. 

Colin123
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

6 years and counting.......

For a client's file, when I close this annoying message it now automatically sends me to Pay Bills!  To include the relevant supplier cards, I will now need to generate the PJs just to be able to record.

BenardCh
3 Posts
User

Can we please get these warnings made optional? It takes too much time when you spend all day using MYOB to keep clicking these stupid things out of the way. Why does MYOB think it's a good idea to make this mandatory to see the same message pop up every single time? Terrible user experience.

Clane
2 Posts
Cover User

Please upgrade the software to make these warnings optional. There is no reason to have them continuously pop up. The spend money option is used when an eftpos transaction has been made the purchase and payment are done in the one transaction. There is no bill to enter just an eftpos receipt. I can't understand why this annoying feature hasn't been rectified. I think most of us know when we are paying off a bill or spending money.

Tina1959
Experienced Cover User
112 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can we turn off warning messges after they have been seen a few times?

Spening money I get the "is this a bill pop up"  it is really annoying - I pay for many things via spend money - why have this if you get asked if it is a bill each time?

Also making something inactive - do we have to get the warning message every time?

I understand if you are not familiar with the software but after using it for more than 20 years I do have some idea!

TJH
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What exactly is the point of these suggestion and feedback posts if MYOB doesn't do anythig about it?

Over 6 years, dozens of updates and muliple complains but still being ignored!

Paul_Maconochie
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I support the multiple comments made over many years that have requested that the warnings regarding spending money vs paying billes be made optional.

It really should not be that hard to implement the request and it has had continuous support for at least 7 years.

If there is a reason that MYOB won't implement this user request then can MYOB provide an explanation for why not.