Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Add option to preview before printing/emailing

Experienced User

37Posts

100Kudos

0Solutions

37 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

Idea Name: Add Preview option to Print/Email Statements Screen

Idea Text: Please add a Preview option to the Print/Email Statements screen, so that I can view a statement on the computer without printing it

"Add preview option to the print/email statements screen"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for the great idea SimonNZ. Being able to view the statement before it's printed or emailed could certainly help with checking data entry and data validation before submitting to your client. We would love to hear what others think about this.

32 Comments
MHS
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is something I would use a lot!! 

Also to be able to export to disk like you can with sales.  at the moment I email it to myself then save the attached statement (very time consuming!)

Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree, this would be of great benefit. At  the moment in order to preview a statement I have to either print it (waste of paper) or print it to PDF using a PDF writer which is a hassle. There is a previewer for nearly everything else, so I can't see why this request has not been actioned by MYOB.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Great idea - I use statements as reminders, so want to see that I am sending the right information first, so a preview is essential. I use a PDF printer at present, but it's long winded.

Robyn1202
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User

I would like to be able to view the statement without having to print it. So that i can just look it up quickl and see how much the payments are that have come in.

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the great idea SimonNZ. Being able to view the statement before it's printed or emailed could certainly help with checking data entry and data validation before submitting to your client. We would love to hear what others think about this.
Shield-King1
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So has this print preview option been actioned by MYOB yet.  I cant find it in MYOB live. 

So frustrating.

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Shield-King1 

This is currently not in the program. When an Idea has been added to the program the status of it will be updated to 'Implemented'.

twbooks
2 Posts
Cover User

I want to be able to save the monthly statements as a pdf so I can email them, like I can with invoices.

Currently I have to print them, then scan them, then change the file name, then I can send them by email.

I have communicated with the online chat help and they confirmed that it can't be done in MYOB and I would need a third party program to be able to save the statements to a pdf straight from MYOB.

It would be so much quicker and easier if I could Send to Disk and name the file, as I can already do with the invoices. 

Perhaps there could be a Send to Disk button at the end of each customer name so the individual statements could be saved separately?

Shield-King1
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

How long does it take to get the print preview function available on statements.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Shield-King1 

The normal process for an Idea posted on Ideas Exchange would go through a few stages. We would mark the post as "Under Consideration" and encourage users to vote and comment for this idea. If the idea does generate a number of votes and comments we mark it has high demand meaning we will investigate and attempt to implement that idea ahead of other ideas with lesser demand.

As of 02/02/2015 the idea exchange have had 63 ideas implemented from it and some of the ideas have been marked as Planned.

We currently don't have a timeframe as to when this is to be included in the program. However I would encourage other members of the MYOB Community to vote and comment if required.