Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Add option to preview before printing/emailing

Experienced User

37Posts

100Kudos

0Solutions

37 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

Idea Name: Add Preview option to Print/Email Statements Screen

Idea Text: Please add a Preview option to the Print/Email Statements screen, so that I can view a statement on the computer without printing it

"Add preview option to the print/email statements screen"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for the great idea SimonNZ. Being able to view the statement before it's printed or emailed could certainly help with checking data entry and data validation before submitting to your client. We would love to hear what others think about this.

32 Comments
Bellejayne
Contributing Cover User
30 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hello,

I imagine this would be very frustrating. I have downloaded cutePDF writer programe that would solve this problem for you. I got this off the website...

"CutePDF Writer allows you to save documents to your hard drive as a pdf. CutePDF works just like having a printer connected to your computer: From your “Print” dialog box, select “CutePDF Writer” instead of your usual printer, and a .pdf file will be saved in the folder you choose." this is where you could rename the documants in dividually and would be much easier than the process you use at the moment. To download this, go to http://www.downuload.com/cutepdf-writer/?utm_source=adwords&utm_content=CutePDF-Writer&gclid=CKGO9cW...

Hope this help get around you problem for now!! Smiley Happy

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

CutePDF is a very good tool. I use it lots

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for sharing the excellent work around @Bellejayne.  A third party PDF printer like CutePDF would certainly allow you to save a PDF copy of statements in the meantime.

Shield-King1
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So has a preview before sending statements been implemented yet.  VERY FRUSTRATING

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Shield-King1 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to preview before sending statements, however this has not been implemented yet. We will update the forum when we get an update from the development team. 

In the meantime any other users that want to see this function implemented please do vote and comment on the idea

Shield-King1
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

To me it is an obvious necessity to be able to preview statements before they are sent if you need to .  An obvious option which should be standard not having to vote and then maybe get it implicated.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Shield-King1 

Thank you for your feedback.

As mentioned previously the AccountRight Idea's Exchange is a way in which we can get client feedback and ideas as to what they would like implemented in the program. The ideas may be some new ideas/features the development team can look at adding into the program or some ideas that have been clients believe should be standard in the program. All ideas and investigated by the program development team. We encourage clients to vote for an idea to gage the level of need by the Community to look at implementing a particular idea ahead of others.

Once again thank you for your feedback. I have shared it with the team.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello @Steven_M 

What MYOB seem to be not taking into account is that out of the reported 95,000 customers only a very small portion actually use the community website and idea exchange therefore it is a very poor way of guaging customer demand.

Thanks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kelly81 

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that not all MYOB customers are aware of or use this Community Forum. We are certainly working on changing that, as we think its a great resource. In the meantime, we currently have just over 73,000 registered users. Which we think is a considerable number. Therefore the votes by the members of this forum does help us gauge the percentages/ratio of the number of clients in the larger MYOB community that would like a particular feature / function.

Having said that, as we've mentioned in the past, the number of votes is just one of the measures we use when considering an idea and its potential implementation. We still look into the impact it will have and the feasibility of implementing it in our decision making process.

Sharpie_
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Similarly to invoices and purchase orders, it would be really helpful if we could quickly and easily view customer statements to screen before sending.
From talking to the helpdesk this evening, it appears the only current option is to 'print' the statement via Microsoft XPS document writier - which actually saves the document down, so you need to locate it to then open and view it.