Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Age according to invoice date (disregard invoice terms)

Experienced User

21Posts

79Kudos

1Solutions

21 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Hello, when printing customer statements, would it be possible to have another aging option?

I would like my statements to have the same invoice aging as the Analyse Receivables information/report, ie, to show the invoice in the month it was raised, rather than the month it is due.

My invoice terms are 30 days from EOM and I would like my invoices to be shown in the month of invoice: eg,

Invoices raised in July, showing in the July period,

Invoices raised in August, showing in the August period etc

At present, if an invoice is raised in July, it is still technically "Current" on 31 August.

Most supplier statements generate statements in this format - if the date of the statement is, for example, 31 August,  "current" shows all invoices raised in August with a due date of 30 September 2014.

Thanks 

Deborah

"Customer Statements - Aging by invoice date"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thanks for the excellent suggestion @DebBIS. I can certainly see how this would make statements easier to for some customers. Could anyone else who would like to see an option for aging by number of days since invoice date (rather than days overdue as per invoice terms) on customer statements, please cast there vote here.

7 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the excellent suggestion @DebBIS. I can certainly see how this would make statements easier to for some customers. Could anyone else who would like to see an option for aging by number of days since invoice date (rather than days overdue as per invoice terms) on customer statements, please cast there vote here.

LDowning
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

Yes please. I would love this feature to be added to MYOB. Most of my suppliers provide statements with age according to invoice date and I find it much easier to reconcile their statements.

Carol123
2 Posts
User

YES.  I spend time every month changing invoice due date to get the statements to print correctly.  Please make statements print the same as aged Receivables Summary report.

PTow
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

This is a great suggestion, but for the developers at MYOB, this is the way that most other systems have been generating debtors statements ever since open item statements became the norm back in the 1990's. None of our customers understand the concept of ageing an invoice on the statement according to the month in which it becomes overdue. This has caused disputes between our accounts staff and customers, and continues to adversely affected our cash flow.

So please, let's bring this basic feature into AccountRight, and at least give the users and option to produce an aged statement according to the invoice date.

Thank you

IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,443 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Any progress on this?

AngusMaynard
5 Posts
User

Following on from Ian's question, after almost 10 years... have we made any progress here MYOB?

Carol123
2 Posts
User

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed.  Like other users I spend time changing due dates to make statements age correctly.  Come on myob! This is standard business practice not something odd we are asking for.