Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Email or print option

Experienced Cover User

24Posts

132Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

As a small company the option of printing or emailing statments is a very valuable tool.  However, after emailing the customers who provide you with an email address it would be considerably easier if the same customers did not then appear as an option on the "to be printed" Statement list.  Currently you have to rely on your memory as to whom you have emailed.  So my idea would be to have a default option as to "email or print statements".

"Statements - emailing or  printing option"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2014

Thanks for the great idea Jackie_Welsh. I think the best solution to this would be being able to set delivery status for statements in the customer card file. We would love to hear what others think about this. The best workaround currently would be to setup Identifiers on the customer card, P for print and E for email. This way when going into print/email statements you can filter by identifier.

55 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the great suggestion. This idea has been raised previously I recommend that you cast your vote for this idea here:

Statements - emailing or printing option

snuffle
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I totally agree with Jacqui.  Frustrating beyond belief - I have over 200 account customers and to have to sit there and go through each one to work out who gets a statement emailed and who doesn't, then have to do the same on the print side is just ridiculous.  When signing up for yearly subsciption and updates, I said I would only do it if this was a feature - to which I was told adamanlty - yes yes, we are very good at this now....yeah right.  You have it for invoices - do it for statements - PLEASE

slam_dunc
Contributing User
33 Posts
Contributing User

We are another of those not-so-small businesses who would benefit GREATLY from emailed statements. We know how annoying it is to receive emailed invoices from our suppliers, but printed statements - and we dont want to be the same nuisance to our customers. We want to treat our customers to the professional service they need, and that we promote.

By accepting to email invoices and statements to them, and only doing invoices because the system 'cant' do statements, is rather embarassing and seems as though we arent doing the best for them.

I totally agree with snuffle ...

CANT WAIT FOR THE DAY FOR THIS TO BE A WHOLE LOT EASIER FOR US ALL

... do your stuff MYOB!Smiley Wink

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Re slam_dunc's comment, and with apologies to British PM Harold" McMillan "The winds of change are blowing across Africa - [ahem] online accounting software".

Have a look at some of MYOB's transaction add-ons, such as invitBox, ShoeBoxed and ReceiptBank.

Also check the Credit Management add-ons centre.

If you use MYOB Essentials, check the new SmartBills module added just last week, to easily import supplier invoices - and it's free to Essentials subscrbers !

Expect big changes from MYOB in this area in the next year !

kyralee
3 Posts
Cover User

All the debtors come up on statements to be printed and statements to be emailed

This involes ticking all the customers with email addresses to email the statements 

then witing down all the clents without email addresses and going into the to be printed screen and ticking them

the system already has provision to sort them in the card list

the link just needs to be crested in the back ground or whatever you programmers call it.............

to only show the customers that need to be emailed on one screen and printed on the other

Thanks

leanne-pirie
4 Posts
Cover User

We have mixed customers when it comes to emailing invoices, statements etc. Some want them emailed but then others prefer it to be posted.

It would be great if there was an option on their card that you could tick if they prefer email. So when you generate their statement they would fall under the email heading and only the customers that want them posted would show up under the print category. 

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Leanne, @leanne-pirie 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

This is a popular "new idea" and one which already exists on this link Statements - emailing or printing option; it was suggested on 4/3/2014 by user @Jackie_Welsh 

It presently has 33 votes (including mine) and is presently "Under consideration".

Please show your support for it by copying your comments and pasting them into that "new idea" then vote for it by clicking the "+ Vote" icon.  The more votes it gets the greater the chance it will be selected for implementation.

Thank you.

leanne-pirie
4 Posts
Cover User

We have mixed customers when it comes to emailing invoices, statements etc. Some want them emailed but then others prefer it to be posted.

It would be great if there was an option on their card that you could tick if they prefer email. So when you generate their statement they would fall under the email heading and only the customers that want them posted would show up under the print category. 

leanne-pirie
4 Posts
Cover User

All done now 

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @Robyn1202 , @Paul_Brennan , @Infinesse , @HTF and @Kadria  

This is a popular "new idea" and one which already exists on this link Statements - emailing or printing option; it was suggested on 4/3/2014 by user @Jackie_Welsh 

It presently has 33 votes (including mine) and is currently "Under consideration" and it has attracted more votes than this one which had been put forward 4 months earlier on 3/12/2013.

Please show your support for it by adding your comments to that "new idea" then vote for it by clicking its "+ Vote" icon.  The more votes it gets the greater the chance it will be selected for implementation.

Thank you.