Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Email or print option

Experienced Cover User

24Posts

132Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

As a small company the option of printing or emailing statments is a very valuable tool.  However, after emailing the customers who provide you with an email address it would be considerably easier if the same customers did not then appear as an option on the "to be printed" Statement list.  Currently you have to rely on your memory as to whom you have emailed.  So my idea would be to have a default option as to "email or print statements".

"Statements - emailing or  printing option"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2014

Thanks for the great idea Jackie_Welsh. I think the best solution to this would be being able to set delivery status for statements in the customer card file. We would love to hear what others think about this. The best workaround currently would be to setup Identifiers on the customer card, P for print and E for email. This way when going into print/email statements you can filter by identifier.

55 Comments
Smiths1190
2 Posts
Cover User

In card file under selling details there is currently a selection for invoice delivery could one not be added for statement delivery so you could select email only or print only so when I go to print statements the ones that have already been emailed don't print out or have to manually deselect which takes up so much time when you have hundreds of statements to do.

Beulah
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes. Please.  Add this to the printing or emailing of statements.  Would make life so much better at the end of the month.

JessK
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please Please Please I am desperately waiting for this idea to be progressed and cannot give it enough thumbs up! Can the 'Invoice Delivery' theory be adapted to 'Statement Delivery'.

Anne_C
2 Posts
Cover User

Are we any closer to resolving the issue of statements appearing on both the email and print tabs?

I notice this issue has been discussed quite a few times however, can't see any resolutions yet....

The following thread was submitted in 2014 and seemed to have a lot of posts and support....

As a small company the option of printing or emailing statments is a very valuable tool.  However, after emailing the customers who provide you with an email address it would be considerably easier if the same customers did not then appear as an option on the "to be printed" Statement list.  Currently you have to rely on your memory as to whom you have emailed.  So my idea would be to have a default option as to "email or print statements".

Davidwhite61
1 Post
Cover User

I have also found the clients with email addresses sometimes appear in the to be printed list and not in the email list for statements and vice versa. It would be great if you had the option the same as you do with invoices to easily be able to print or email statements from one list 

JessK
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please Please Please!! I am hanging out for this to happen. Would make monthly statement distrubution so much more efficient and less time consuming.

Maungymotors
4 Posts
Cover User

It is completely ridiculous that you can't filter statements to see those already sent/emailed or print only those that haven't already been sent.  MYOB's "work around" solution is no solution at all!

Freezr
1 Post
Cover User

at present when sending statements every month to my customers (which is around 200 or so) I have to select them all individually as some customers want statements emailed and some want them printed. Repeating same customers every month.
To do this I have to select the 'print' tab and then select EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER SEPARATELY.
When I have finished printing statements I then have to chose the 'email' tab and start all over again and select EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER SEPARATELY to email.
It is very time consuming.
I know there is a box at the top which you can 'tick' but it selects ALL the customers which is not what I want to do.
I believe you should be able to select a 'box' in the 'card file' or somewhere in the system and tell the system you want to print or email statement each month without having to select same customers every month individually. You are able to tick a box for invoicing yet there is nothing so simple for statements.  

Needs updating a.s.a.p.

Ragster
1 Post
User

I have only become aware of this from my office team and am totally surprised there is no feature to identify those with email addresses in the PRINT/EMAIL STATEMENTS window.

A very simple fix would be to have the EMAIL ADDRESS field visible (not just CUSTOMER and BALANCE) so one can tick only those with email addresses when emailing or those without email addresses when printing.

MYOB, this is seriously a two minute fix that would save many hours of frustration for your customers.

Nat0609
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

In the sent emails list is it possible to put the company name as well as the email address in the list for sent statements? I have some customers who have different accounts but the email goes t othe same address.

And can we make it so we can print that list out or download it?

I have tosit down and cross reference at the moment. We have different type of customers and I have to use identifiers or catergory to split the email up as we invoice soem monthly and others daily.