Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Show individual lines on statement

TMc
Partner
Partner

4Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Partner
Australia

We have multiple sales to the same customer throughout the month.  (we are a transport company) It would be so helpful for MYOB to generate an invoice/statement instead of only having an invoice for every transaction option.

The Invoice style statement should include in bold print, the invoice number & date, then underneath the item lines from each invoice (showing quantity, description, itemised price, GST) then total for the invoice & balance.

Hence all the main details off every invoice are included, deleting the need to produce multiple invoices and a statement. (that are emailed separately)

At the end of the accounting period, just one invoice statement would be produced.  This way customers who require emailed invoices for each job as they occur are still catered for.

It would also eliminate customers contacting us for invoice copies they have misplaced throughout the accounting period, as all the details would appear on their statement.

This would work well for retailers that manage accounts as well.

Example is below.

statement example.jpg

"More invoice detail on statements for multiple sales to one customer."

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Hi @TMc

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and statements.

I would encourage other users that would like to see a more detailed statement that shows the individual lines on the invoices to vote and comment if required for this idea.

4 Comments
Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Great idea although for taxation purposes the company is still required to have a copy of the actual tax invoice that has the invoice number, the words tax invoice and the gst number on it.

TMc
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Thanks Kelly,

Yes i do email invoices out. Just i find some of the larger companies do not want them they have asked for statement/invoice style. 

I will speak to my accountant re: If the statement/invoice has all the required info on it that you mentioned also.

When i came accross the statement that i posted above ...i thought thats what I need.

Thanks for your help.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @TMc

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and statements.

I would encourage other users that would like to see a more detailed statement that shows the individual lines on the invoices to vote and comment if required for this idea.

1 Post
User

I run a professional services firm. I sue MYOB essentials. Each of my invoices has only one item. The description includes the name of my customer's client. When I send a monthly statement to my customer it lists the invoice date, invoice number, customer purchase order number and a description of "Sale; [my customer's name]". My customers often don't use purchase orders. They need to allocate my invoice against their client's job/file. So when I send my statement, they don't have enough information on the statement to reconcile my invoice against their customer's job/file. Can we use the description from the invoice as the description in the statement?