Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Timesheets: Ability to enter more (than 2) decimal places

Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia

This idea is suggested by @CTH from this Community Forum post: http://community.myob.com/t5/Staffing-and-payroll/Timesheet-entry-only-calculates-to-2-decimal-place...

It would be really useful to be able to enter more than 2 decimal places in TimeSheets, so it would be consistent with the data entry via Process Payroll. 

'More than two decimal places for Timesheet"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2015

I have shared the feedback with the relevant team. I would encourage any other interested users to cast your vote, and leave comments if required.

2 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

I have shared the feedback with the relevant team. I would encourage any other interested users to cast your vote, and leave comments if required.

Keith_Burns
Experienced Partner
25 Posts
Experienced Partner

I would like to suggest that the timesheet hours field should be updated from accepting 2 decimal places to reflect the 4 decimal places in actual payroll.

This is critical in accurately calculating employees pay who work on a 38/week.

When entering employee times as part day increments and allocating these increments to different jobs, the calculation to convert day hrs from 40 week to 38 hr week requires 4 decimal places for precision.

Example

0.75 hrs to Job1 = 0.75 x (38/40) = 0.7125  timesheet rounds to 0.71

1.5 hrs to Job2 = 1.5 x (38/40) = 1.425    timesheet rounds to 1.42

4.0 hrs to Job3 = 4.0 x (38/40) = 3.800    timesheet rounds to 3.80

1.75 hrs to Job4 = 1.75 x (38/40) = 1.6625    timesheet rounds to 1.66

Actual hours  = 7.6 hrs                            timesheet total = 7.59

Currently it rounds to the two decimal places and we have to manually recalculate the days hours to achieve the desired 7.6 hrs.

We have built an app that collects and records hours and we are able to import to timesheets, however all 38 hr week employees need to be manually recalculated.

very frustrating

Regards

Keith