Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Timesheets: Delete individual lines

Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Hi there,

Attached is my latest error where I can't delete an individual line in the timesheet.   Perhaps MYOB could develop a function where the user right clicks and selects "Delete Line" it would be much better than having to delete the entire timesheet!

I have recently put our employees on our cloud version of AR Plus so they can enter their timesheets and we can process client billing faster.

There is some really frustrating problems I am encountering with some of the features.  I have posted previously about some other recommendations to put forward for voting but nobody is voting.  I wonder if not many businesses us the time billing function.   :smileysad:

Maybe some users have tried using the timesheet function and came across such errors and gave up.   I am not giving up as these timesheet function has improved the speed of my payroll.   Please vote.:heart:

"Timesheet Frustrations and errors"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2015

Thanks for your votes on this suggestion.  Lines on timesheets can now be deleted by selecting the line and then selecting 'delete line' from the edit menu.

13 Comments
Simon_Jewell
2 Posts
Cover User

If I use the 'copy from previuous' function for timesheet entry I don't then have the option to delete lines that won't be used.

Unused lines on a timesheet (with no hours entered) cause an error when saving the timesheet.

This means that I have to re-enter all the information rather than use the 'copy from previuous' function when I don't have the same projects in a week.

Can you add a delete line function to timesheets?

It would also be useful to be able to sort the timesheet entries in order of job number.

janes
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

When using Enter Timesheet and you copy from previous one, you cant delete a line in the timesheet, would be very helpful if you coul right click on a line and delete just that line

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the post, BooksInTheCloud. I agree, it should be made easier to delete a line from a Timesheet. I've voted on the Idea. I request others affected by this to also vote and comment on the Idea.
FionaSecond
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

I agree with this. My employees have the same problems.  You have got my vote!

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

I also agree with you. The same options of insert line and delete line should be offered like in sales and purchases entry

Jovan
5 Posts
Cover User

Is this for account right Live, I would like to see a facility where employees can log in under their own login and complete a timesheet ready for authorisation for weekly payroll, is this going to happen in myob in the future?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post, @Simon_Jewell. You can delete a line on a timesheet by clicking into the hours and right clicking on the hours entered. The trick is making sure the hours are highlighted and right clicking on the hours specifically. An option will then appear to delete line. Alternatively you can select your edit menu > Delete line. I hope this helps.
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jovan,

A very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find this to be a useful tool.

One option to allow employees to enter their own timesheets in your file would be to invite them as a user to your online file and give them restricted access. However a limitation to this would be that there are currently no user 'role' available that restricts a user to just the timesheets module. 

We are currently working on implementing more controls over user roles. We have a very popular idea on this topic that I would encourage you to add your vote and comments to. http://community.myob.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/AccountRightIdeas/article-id/391/page/1#comme...

In the meantime you may be able to find an third party add on solution that may suit your needs.

Regards,

Suja

MYOB Support

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Can this small issue be fixed in the next release pleaseSmiley Sad

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi there,

Happy to report at some stage this has been fixed.  If you hightlight the line on the timesheet and click on edit menu and select delete line.  LWY MYOBSmiley Very Happy

Delete Timesheet Line.jpg