Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

To Do List: Paying Suppliers (bulk payment not each invoice separately)

Cover User

4Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have just started using MYOB Accountright Plus Live and used to make my supplier payments using the "To Do List"- very fast way to make bulk payments.  The new version of MYOB doesn't combine all the payments to the same supplier into one bulk payment, instead it pay each invoice seperately.  This is a problem for two reasons, firstly it significantly increases the number of payments in my electronic banking files and secondly Myob will only let you make these payments in batches of up to 50 payments at a time.  (very very inconvenient as I now need to go into pay bills and make a payment to each supplier individually and then prepare my electronic payments (doing payroll and creditors seperately due to the number of transactions in my .aba file).

"Paying Suppliers (bulk payment not each invoice seperately)"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2016 will group transactions created from the To Do List>>Accounts Payable tab coming from the same supplier recorded at the same time as one lump payment/one single Pay Bills transaction. This will flow through to the Bank account (or Prepare Electronic Payment window) as one amount.

7 Comments
JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for your feedback. It sounds like what you have described is already available by selecting "Purchases->Pay Bills". You can record a single payment and apply to any and all of the Purchases from that Supplier. Does this option meet your needs? Please let us know if we have misunderstood or you need further assistance.
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Using the Accounts Payable 'To Do' list provides the user with the invoices that are due for payment whilst the "Purchases->Pay Bills" does not have that capability.

Therefore when you 'Pay Bills' through the 'To Do' list you select only those Bills that are due for payment or those on which a discount is available for early payment etc.

In a disciplined accounting environment it is the optimum requirement.  It was that functionality in earlier classic environments that users applied; the "Purchases->Pay Bills" was always a poor cousin to it.

Is that sufficient enough clarification?

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea Salsa. You are certainly right about the way the payments are no longer grouping from the to do list like they did in the classic version. We would love to hear what others think about this? Do you prefer the payments grouped per supplier or do you prefer them split? Maybe there needs to be an option to set this either way.
Tigers
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Just group them by supplier like it was in the classic version.

When I paid my subscription to upgrade to the new version I expected that features like this would be the same as in the classic version.

Why on earth would anyone want it to be like MYOB has done it like it is now in 2013.5?

It is a definite backward step to do so then attempt to justify it as Barry has indicated?

Very strange behaviour....

IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,443 Posts
Ultimate Partner

This feature definitely needs to be included. Can someone please tel us why it was not included. It is inefficient, expensive and time consuming for users who used this functionality, to now have to go through Pay Bills.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the feedback @IanChait, I will share your comments with the product management team for their consideration.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2016 will group transactions created from the To Do List>>Accounts Payable tab coming from the same supplier recorded at the same time as one lump payment/one single Pay Bills transaction. This will flow through to the Bank account (or Prepare Electronic Payment window) as one amount.