Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

To Do List: Stock Alert - My item and Supplier's Item Numbers

Experienced Cover User

24Posts

168Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I would love to see the item number displayed in the stock alert, not just the item name. We have a lot of items with the same name but different item numbers so this is very useful to us.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion. Including the item numbers in the stock alert would certainly help many users to differentiate the listed items. If you'd like to see this change, please cast your vote here.

23 Comments
DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Now running 2015.3.17.3339 and the problem still exists

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DerekRaine,

I'd just like to confirm, are you clicking on the arrow next to a stock item? This will create a purchase order for only the selected item.

On the right hand side of the screen there will be a series of checkboxes, could you try ticking them and then click Order/Build?

DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Emile,

This has been a problem since moving from v19.10 to AR2014

I can tick multiple items on the todo list from the same supplier but it will randomly miss items from the order.

Note that v19 used to work perfectly.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @DerekRaine

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you on this. In previous versions only the selected item would be included in an order, rather than all items from a supplier. This problem has been resolved and no longer occurs. There is a separate issue where items where the on hand quantity is currently higher from than the restocking level, but current sales orders would bring the on hand level below the restocking level, won't appear or orders. This is likely why you've seen some items note carrying through. our developers are aware of this issue and we are looking into correcting it.

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Another very annoying change from earlier versions of stock alert besides the inability now for it to work properly is the decision that MY PART NUMBER isnt really important and that the description is

When you guys finally get the Stock alert working please reinstate the Part Number column and could you please also add a column for the suppliers part number and allow us to sort by both those columns as well

this would definitely help when trying to control stock levels and purchasing

Darryl 

"Stock Alert having both our part number and supliers on screen"

charlie-m
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

Is it possable to have a item number included on the short supply window list.

On the list it has item description and suppliers listed.

When the window is active it sorts by item description with the suppliers all over the place.

When clicked on item suppliers it list all them in order, but item details are still all over the place.

If you had item number then supplier at leas every thing on order page would be in order for checking stock ordering.

Could support please include this in a later update

mistie
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes, MYOB please add the option of viewing by the item number, as this function just is not helpful to us viewing by item name.

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Much earlier versions of MYOB had both Item name and Item description in the stock alert

I would like to know who was the bright spark at MYOB who decided that MY part number for an Item was unimportant ( or perhaps it was a combined bright spark idea)

Nearly everything we as MYOB coal face users revolves around our part number and description so I have been at a total loss to understand the stupidity of it being unavailable on the stock alert.  It should also show the part number of the supplier as well but thats another massive change that MYOB would have to make

It seems like they are not really trying to make it USER friendly just accountant friendly

Darryl Baker

Grafton Hydraulics

Australia

Im happy to put my name to this as I have been using MYOB for 24 years now and its only marginally better than the original and in some cases several steps back and so far very few real positive steps have been made by the MYOB DEVELOPMENT TEAM

They still havnt fixed the problem of it in stock alert only ordering some of the items required

It can take up to 3 and 4 orderes to get all the parts ordered

Duhhhh

When will someone listen

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @AshL

Are you talking about the To Do List - stock alert -mine has item code and description in v2016.3. Have you tried clicking Insert/Modify and see if you are able to add that field - then save as a custom report?

AshL
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes I do mean the stock alert list. I have version 2016.3 but can't see the 'Insert/Modify' option that you're talking about?