Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

To Do List: Stock Alert - Primary supplier name

Experienced Cover User

181Posts

73Kudos

0Solutions

181 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I have just upgraded to AR2013 hoping that significant improvements had been made since 2012.9 and earlier. The upgrade was painful and took two half hour phone calls with the great tech help guys. But I digress....

AR19.7 (and earlier versions) - Stock Alert. If you select an item from the Stock Alert list, it will automatically create a PO and also automatically add any other items from that same supplier that were also on the Stock Alert list.

This is a great feature that fills your PO with all the stuff you need from that supplier. It is a critical feature that ensures that you don't forget include a needed item on a PO.

AR2011 and 2012 did not do this. I was hoping, after pointing it out during the AR2012 Live Pilot, that AR2013 would include this very important feature.

I am very disappointed.

When selecting an item from the Stock Alert list in AR2013, only that one item appears in the resulting PO. Any other items that you normally buy from that supplier are ignored and remain in the Stock Alert list. You then need to go through the Stock Alert list, line by line and try to identify the Primary Supplier of each item and manually add the relevent items to the PO.

"To Do List  - Stock Alert"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2014

Thank you all for your comments and votes. I'm pleased to say that the latest version of AccountRight v2014.4 now lists the Primary Supplier's name in the To Do List >> Stock Alerts window. You can sort the Stock Alerts by the Supplier name, and tick all the Items on the list for the Supplier to create a single order for all Items. There is also a new Search field in this window to make it easier to look for Items and Suppliers. We hope this makes the reordering process easier. 

8 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

This is painful, especially since the funcationality was previously there. I have voted for it.

RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
181 Posts
Experienced Cover User

No comments from MYOB staff?  

Helen-Webley
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is proving to be quite a problem for a client of ours. Since it doesnt pick up all items for that supplier as before, they are having trouble working out which are the other items from that supplier. They have a large item list of oil products. To get around this, they are having to go to the "To do List - Stock Alerts" as a report, add the supplier column, export it to excel - to sort by supplier and then go back to the drop down list and do their order.

Can this be sorted out please.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the post and the comments. We can see how the system not including all items for a Primary Supplier in an Order can be a cause of extra work. The matter has been brought to the attention of our Developers and we hope to include this in a future update. We request others who are affected by this to continue to Vote and add any relevant comments to the idea.
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
181 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Suja,

Thank you for the response. However, "hope to include this in a future update" doesn't cut it.

I am unable to migrate from AR19.9 to AR2013.x until this defect is fixed because this function is so important to our business.

Ray

HR3
1 Post
User

Hi,

I also find not having the stock item number in the stock alert very frustracting.  We have 28000 items in our inventory, many with the same description.  Doing reorders on myob is very tedious.  Adding something as simple as the item number would streamline the whole process.

Any idea on when this will be released?

Heidi 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you all for your comments and votes. I'm pleased to say that the latest version of AccountRight v2014.4 now lists the Primary Supplier's name in the To Do List >> Stock Alerts window. You can sort the Stock Alerts by the Supplier name, and tick all the Items on the list for the Supplier to create a single order for all Items. There is also a new Search field in this window to make it easier to look for Items and Suppliers. We hope this makes the reordering process easier. 

Leil
1 Post
Cover User

When I go to the to do list and bring up a supplier I get all part numbers including those that are marked invalid. This makes life very difficult. Is there a way around this?