Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

To Do List: Stock Alert - My item and Supplier's Item Numbers

Experienced Cover User

24Posts

168Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I would love to see the item number displayed in the stock alert, not just the item name. We have a lot of items with the same name but different item numbers so this is very useful to us.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion. Including the item numbers in the stock alert would certainly help many users to differentiate the listed items. If you'd like to see this change, please cast your vote here.

23 Comments
RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
181 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When generating a PO from the To Do List - Stock Alert in AR19.7, the items fill the PO in the following order:

1, the item that you initiated the PO with by hitting the drill-down arrow

2, all other items on the Stock Alert list that you buy from that supplier in alphabetical order.

I don't know if this is the same in AR2012 - I'll let you know when I can get the To Do List to work!

I would prefer to see the items populate the PO in supplier's part number order. It would reduce errors when someone is reading and entering the data from the PO at the supplier's end.

Jasonh93
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree! something needs to be done about this! MYOB need to give us the option of selecting how we would like to sort-by or order our parts e.g alpha or numeric.

JCA2000AU
5 Posts
User

+1 RayJordan

+1 Jasonh93

I have hundreds of items with more than 10 suppliers. It is very hard to go one by one.

Also is there anyway that we can see item number on stock alert screen rather than item description?
This will help a lot while MYOB Team is working on this issue (if they are doing).

RayJordan
Experienced Cover User
181 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We have 3500+ items and around 100 suppliers.

The inability of AR2013 to create a multiple item PO from the Stock Alert list (as is standard with AR19.9 and previous versions) is the major roadblock for me in switching to AR2013 from AR19.9.

Allowing the user to change the order of items listed (by my part number, supplier's part number or description) on the PO would also be very nice.

Please make it happen.

(edited 2000+ items to 3500+ items)

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the great suggestion. Including the item numbers in the stock alert would certainly help many users to differentiate the listed items. If you'd like to see this change, please cast your vote here.

DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Unfortunately I switched from AR19.10 to AR2014.3 then AR2014.4 now AR2015 and that problem still has not been corrected.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DerekRaine

Thank you for your comments.

Along with commenting you can show your support for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange by voting. To vote for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange select the + vote button to the left of the idea's name.

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Dear Liam/ Myob team 

Fix the not working issues first before you try and add more complexity to something that doesnt work already 

I have been using MYOB since 1993 VER 3 and so far there hasnt been any significant steps forward in user friendliness for most of the time 

A few steps forward in 2014/2015 but they have been far outweighed by the functions that are not working properly 

Stop trying to make MYOB more accounant friendly and make it business owner and staff user friendly 

Its still possible to accidentally change the name of a customer or supplier card just by overtyping it while your trying to look up a phone number etc

Realistically HOW often do you ever change a card name or the info on it 

you look up info 100's of times more than change it 

Has been that way since version 3 or earlier 

My advice to MYOB development team 

GO AND WORK IN THE REAL WORLD WITH THIS FOR A WHILE TO SEE WHAT BUSINESSES REALLY NEED 

Darryl

0404 464 421

Please feel free to ring me to discuss 

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@DazzaB

I support you fully.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DazzaB

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea and others.

The development team do look into ideas that will assist all clients and partners along with accountants.  The In Tray is a great example of this. It allows users to scan in documents so that it may save some data entry of that information. It can also be used for accountants or auditors to check the original document to make sure that the transaction was entered appropriately.

Along with the primary focus of the development team for previous updates has been fixing known issues within the program. While we are aware that there are some known issues still within the program future updates are planned to correct those updates and workflow improvements.

Once again thank you for your feedback, I have shared it with the team.