Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remittance Advice - List credits line by line

Cover User

2Posts

98Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support

76 Comments
DOVENQ
7 Posts
User

Can we please get cedits showing remittance to supplier, this is a major problem when there are regular credits every month, the supplier has no idea which credit to allocate

DOVENQ
7 Posts
User

Can we please have remittance advice to supplier showing credits being taken up, currently the column showing previously paid does not show any detail and is confusing for the supplier.  Both Reckon and Xero have this!

Braden
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

To be able to show how supplier credits are applied in the remittance advice report

DOVENQ
7 Posts
User

Yes i have asked for this also, there has been numerous requests from MYOB users but no response from MYOB

Peter13
2 Posts
User

MYOB Team

Remittance advice showing credits

Can we have this actioned? It's been a long wait, can't be that difficult?

It is a basic necessity on any busy account that the allocation of credit notes is shown on the remittance advice. There's obviously a record created in MYOB when the credit notes are allocated to a purchase so it's a matter of linking this record to the remittance advice report. All the information is there, just need to show it.

caroline52-
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I thoroughly agree with this...it would be great if credit application more readily visible

Dimik628
5 Posts
User

I agree - why is this not possible?????  I am also in the construction industry, and ended up here for exactly the same problem.

JoanneTang
3 Posts
Cover User

HI MYOB Team

Have you got any updates on the remittance advice to show the credits allocation?  

Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Nashy wrote:

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

This has been open for eight years and there is still no resolution to a simple problem 

HenryM
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This post is that age but the previous one started 14 years ago.

Fundamental request. 

With all the changes they have made over the last 20 years, this could not be impossible.

Get on with it MYOB.