Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Remove pre-population/automatic invoice numbers (manual entry of invoice number)

DJB
Experienced User
Experienced User

74Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

74 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
New
New

We are often caught out by the MYOB system allocating the next number where we like

to allocate our own.

Can this be an option?

"Turn off Auto Invoice Numbering"

8 Comments
justin541
1 Post
User
This article is loaded with some well-informed data. You have made admirable statements in an exceptional manner about bookkeeping. Since this has made me wonder about more things I would want to know about Accounting services
Winona
3 Posts
User
  1. On the Invoice page, click the on the Formatting tab located in the upper left.
  2. To tailor it, click on the Customize Data Layout icon.
  3. On the Additional Customization page, go to the Header tab acesetm .
  4. In the Invoice Number section, unmark the boxes for Screen and Print. ...
  5. Click on OK.
Winona
3 Posts
User

Thanks..

Winona
3 Posts
User
  1. On the Invoice page, click the on the Formatting tab located in the upper left.
  2. To tailor it, click on the Customize Data Layout icon.
  3. On the Additional Customization page, go to the Header tab.
  4. In the Invoice Number section, unmark the boxes for Screen and Print. ...
  5. Click on OK.
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

hello @Winona 

Your post to this topic does not make any sense to me.

Are you referring to the Invouce page of Account Right as I cannot see any Formatting tab in the upper left.

You show a website link acesetm but this seems irrelevent as this is an employee login portal.

I was hoping that you had founs a way to override the auto invoice numbering.

Cheers

David

COSMO
3 Posts
Cover User

TURN OFF AUTO NUMBERING - WE NEED TO GENERATE OUR OWN NUMBERS - SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE - WE USE "S" NUMBERS FOR SERVICE & "D" FOR INSTALLS WHICH OUR FILEMAKER PROGRAM GENERATES SO WHEN WE ENTER ON MYOB & PRESS OK IT DEFAULTS TO THE NEXT SEQUENTIAL NUMBER UGH

PArtington
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please allow for the automatic sequential invoice numbers to be turned off.  We use job nos and they are also our delivery and invoice numbers and do not go in order. We invoice as the job goes out so prefer to put in a invoice number at time of delivery.  Mistakes are made when the number is already populated.

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all, we thrive hard to make sure that we provide the best experience for our customers and your feedback helps us. I understand that you would like to be turned off automatic invoice numbering to manage your workflow and thank you for your patience during this time. We will relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team. Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.