Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Prepare Electronic Payments: Ability to disable Information box - Check the BSB and account numbers

Experienced Cover User

22Posts

109Kudos

0Solutions

22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

Hi MYOB,

Is there anywhere I can turn off the warning "make sure BSB and Account number for Suppliers", it is very annoying?

Attachments.PNG

"Company BSB and Account Number check"

17 Comments
Blastoise
5 Posts
Former Staff

Are you referrring to when a purchase is made of more than $75? There is a prefence in setup >> Purchases >>  "Warn if supplier does not have an ABN for purchases greater thn $75 Tax Exclusive". Turn that off and it should solve the problem. 

a.PNG

RoniArnold
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Blastoise, 

I will try this but I am wanting to disable the " Make Sure your Suppliers BSB and ACC number are correct before paying invoices" its all good.

Thank you for your response.

Beansmutts
Partner
51 Posts
Partner

As 95% of our payments to suppliers are via Electronic transfer (ABA) and we check the BSB and Account Number on every bill we enter, how about showing the BSB and Account Number currently on the Card for the Supplier on the Enter Bill ScreenBook1.jpg

mtm12
2 Posts
Cover User

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS MESSAGE DATED 2015, AND HOPE SOMEONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO TURN OFF THE MESSAGES.......

RoniArnold
10 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi MYOB,

Is there anywhere I can turn off the warning "make sure BSB and Account number for Suppliers", it is very annoying?

......I WORK BETWEEN MYOB AND A SPREADSHEET AND EVERY TIME I CLICK ON MY SPREADSHEET IF I HAVEN'T CLOSED THE WARNING I CAN STILL SEE THE MESSAGE ON THE SCREEN WHICH MEANS I HAVE TO CLOSE IT SO I CAN TYPE IN MY SPREADSHEET AND SEE THE FIGURES ETC. PLEASE MYOB WHY DO YOU NEED THE MESSAGE. PLEASE TELL ME THIS MESSAGE CAN NOW BE TURNED OFF SOMEHOW. THANKS Smiley Happy

KerrinW
1 Post
Cover User

All of these message boxes are major pains in the proverbial, especially when MYOB has been the software of choice for over 20 years. It makes using MYOB a worse experience, not better.  If there was a way to turn these off, so newer users could keep them, that would be ok but MYOB doesn't seem to care as this has been going on for some time now (based on the number of previous threads regarding this issue).

Lazloff
7 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I appreciate that warnings are necessary in any piece of complex software, but most people don't need to see warnings more than once. I have found that other software programs deal with this very neatly, by incorporating a "Don't show this again" tick box on each pop-up warning, giving experienced users the opportunity to enjoy a "warning free" experience. Can this feature pleeeease be incorporated into MYOB?

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, There are a lot of popups in MYOB. Some of them useful. Some very poorly positioned. However, my main gripe is that they are still "on top" even if you have to move away from AccountRight temporarily to another program, the popup stays on top. Surely it should only be on top when AccountRight is the active window? I've tried searching forums and support for a way to fix this but I don't know the correct words to search for and have run out of ideas. Tried livechat and they suggested I submit this as an idea. Here's hoping it will be implemented faster than the "planned since 2013 emailing of receipts"!

Screenshot attached.

Clipboard01.jpg
racquelbelle
4 Posts
User

I get that you think we need these warnings. I don't. I've been bookkeeping for 25 years and I've got it handled. There are many, many other bookkeepers who know their stuff and don't need to be babied with these multiple warnings. Have you read them lately?

Information -

Check the BSB and account numbers. If they're incorrect, the wrong account may be credited and your bank may not be able to recover the funds for you. The account name isn't used to process payments. 

Hey, it's 2019. I think we've got it.

Xero doesn't shove warnings all over the screen but is way easier for a non-bookkeeper person to learn and use.  I don't need a reminder to check the bsb and bank account, or to use a purchase instead of spend money, or that I have reconciled the transaction and will need to match again IF I make changes. 

Ultimately, and this is what it comes down to - MYOB warnings waste my time. I spend multiple seconds removing them just to proceed with my work. Over 15 years, that adds up to a lot of wasted clicks.

Suggestions --

1. Remove entirely

2. Provide option to remove based on User setup. Then you can put your disclaimer in here about not taking repsonsibility for messed up transactions. ie. "Turn off at your own risk!"

3. Provide a "professionals" login or tick box for those of us who don't need to be told to check the bsb and bank account every time we batch up electronic payments. 

4. Put the Warnings somewhere else on the screen. The above message shows up over the total, so you cannot proceed without a precise little click in the blue box to remove it.

5. Use a hover over icon for more information, so anyone who is unsure can click the "warning" to provide extra information.

There are real warnings and there are standard information warnings. Unfortunately, you don't actually need to do something that might be a mistake to get one. You get the warning when you click on a standard label. These are not suitable as warnings when you have worked in this industry and are well versed with bookkeeping. Keep the warnings for "locked periods," changing dates to previous financial years etc, AFTER making a change to a transaction that has been reconciled - NOT BEFORE when all you're trying to do is view it. Keep the warnings for actions that reflect possible user error. That's a warning. Not checking a bank account and bsb every time you click "Prepare Electronic Payments"

Gina4m
7 Posts
User

Please please PLEASE find a solution to this annoying & timewasting problem

myopal
5 Posts
Cover User

Could not agree more!!  Is a hugely annoying feature of MYOB - that seems to have only gotten worse in the cloud version.

PLEASE myob - give the User the option.

Also hate how all the different buttons are all over the screen.

Top left  for journals/layout/print etc

Bottom left  for payments/use recurring/save recurring etc

Bottom right for recording

Top right for refreshing 

AHHHHHHGGGGG

Suffer from RSI from moving the mouse all over the screen - and there is NO logical placement of the next button, relative to the button you just used .  In fact, MYOB seems to delight in taking you to the opposite end of the screen EVERYTIME you have to click.  Someone there with a very warped sense of humor- me thinks....