Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cloud: Estimated time remaining to upload

Cover User

10Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Cover User
Australia

When I send my v19 file to my accountant, I zip the file. That means the 157mb file becomes a 25~mb zipped file.

Why not use the same concept when you first require users to upload the AR Live files?

I'm just evaluating AR Live now and waiting for the company file to upload isn't fun. Also there is no feed back on the progress of the upload. How many more megabytes remain for the upload? What is the estimated time or the average upload speed? Those features will help users not become frustrated at the process.

Sure this stuff might seem like the icing on the cake, but it is actually my first impression of AR Live as I prepare to use it for the first time.

Regards.

"Uploading Company File - Zip File"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: October 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

4 Comments
Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

With the latest live version you can just invite your accountant to access your live file. No longer do you need to send the file to them.

Once the initial upload is done it is much faster following times (if you take the file offline for example).

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @gindi 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and uploading to the clod.

Currently there is a progress bar that shows when you are uploading the file. Due to the stages it completes it can be deceptive to the time it can take to upload. I would encourage others users that would like to see an estimated time or and indication how much more data it needs to upload to vote for this idea and comment if required.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @gindi 

Just in addition to @Kelly81 's post you might like to take a look at Support Note: AccountRight - online user invitations for more information in regards to inviting a user to the file.

Along with that as you are new to AccountRight Live, you might like to take a look at the Help Centre: Show me how videos Some fantastic short videos that goes over some parts of the program. The Help Centre: Teach me how videos may be of some assistance to you as well.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages