Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Ability to delete recurring transactions without allowing access to delete transactions

BCT
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Sales staff should be able to DELETE a Recurring Sales Transaction they no longer need, to keep the List at a manageable length. This permission currently cannot be enabled without also enabling them to Delete actual saved transactions which would be an Audit no-no.  I would like to see the Delete button enabled on Recurring Transactions for otherwise-approved areas of MYOB, since they are not "real" transactions.  It is currently an unnecessary impost on a more senior employee to do this "housekeeping" i.e. tidying up the List.

"Enable Deleting of Recurring Transactions whilst NOT Enabling Deleting of Actual Transactions"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Hi @BCT

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and the Sale user role.

As you have mentioned deletion of recurring transactions is controlled by the user access setting of General>>Allow Delete/Reverse. This does mean that if you would like a staff member to have access to deleting recurring transactions you would need to enable them to have access to deleting or reversing transactions. 

I would encourage other users that would like to see the option for deleting recurring transactions to be a separate user setting so that it can be toggled on or off depending on your needs to vote and comment if required for this idea.

1 Comment
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BCT

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and the Sale user role.

As you have mentioned deletion of recurring transactions is controlled by the user access setting of General>>Allow Delete/Reverse. This does mean that if you would like a staff member to have access to deleting recurring transactions you would need to enable them to have access to deleting or reversing transactions. 

I would encourage other users that would like to see the option for deleting recurring transactions to be a separate user setting so that it can be toggled on or off depending on your needs to vote and comment if required for this idea.