Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Adjust default user roles

Partner

3,363Posts

503Kudos

522Solutions

3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia

The ability to distinguish what privileges are given to an employee within each category need to be more detailled like they were in the older versions.

You may want to give someone access to sales to do invoicing only, but not want them to view any reports or be able to create credit notes.

You may want to give limited access in banking, eg spend and receive money transactions or prepare bank deposit but keep them out of reconciliations.

At the moment the user choice is all or nothing.

'Users - Security Settings, Access and Privileges"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2014

Thanks again for all your comments and votes. We have improved user access controls in AccountRight 2014.2. We hope the new functionality makes business life easier for you.

57 Comments
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Chilli

As stated above by MYOB user access has been tabled as planned and with 63 votes to fix it....MYOB are taking it seriously and will make the enchancement better than it has ever been before.    You will be very happy when MYOB release the new changesSmiley Happy

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks again for all your feedback. We are adding more adaptable user access controls in the next AccountRight release. This will help prevent employees from accessing confidential information. You will be able to get up and running fast with pre-set roles and entitlements, including read-only access, or easily customise to suit your business.
QST
1 Post
Cover User

We have a staff member who enters invoices and needs to be able to enter new job numbers. At the moment they would only be able to enter an invoice for a job already existing but not a new job. This means the employee can only do half their job as the only way to enter new jobs is if you have administrator access. We really need this fixed.

Jo-SCL
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I'm interested in having our staff being able to add Jobs, but not have access to the other areas which are more confidential please.  

Jo-SCL
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I'd also like to see a read only User Access for business partners who can have permisson to view everything, but who don't make any changes - they need to be able to print reports, etc, but not have the ability to enter or change any data.  They would also need to be able to manipulate reports and have the ability to manipulate the Business Insights to ther personal preferences.

Griff
2 Posts
User

This service is definitely needed. I need an employee to be able to print out Job Transaction reports (when I am not here)  so that she can do her job more efficiently, but without accessing other information. I restricted what seemed logical to me, banking, sales, purchases etc, but this doesn't allow the reports to be printed! Crazy!

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks again for all your comments and votes. We have improved user access controls in AccountRight 2014.2. We hope the new functionality makes business life easier for you.