Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Adjust default user roles

Partner

3,363Posts

503Kudos

522Solutions

3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia

The ability to distinguish what privileges are given to an employee within each category need to be more detailled like they were in the older versions.

You may want to give someone access to sales to do invoicing only, but not want them to view any reports or be able to create credit notes.

You may want to give limited access in banking, eg spend and receive money transactions or prepare bank deposit but keep them out of reconciliations.

At the moment the user choice is all or nothing.

'Users - Security Settings, Access and Privileges"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2014

Thanks again for all your comments and votes. We have improved user access controls in AccountRight 2014.2. We hope the new functionality makes business life easier for you.

57 Comments
GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

Hi MYOB

This post should be transfered from the LiveAccounts Idea Exchange to AccountRight Idea Exchange

dawesse
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We have just upgraded to Account Right Plus and I am a little concerned about the lack of choice when, as Administrator, I am setting access for users.

In our case I need staff to have access to all aspects of MYOB but would like to be able to restrict access to the following -

Users (which I can do)

Setup (so that we can ensure no one can change the Locked Period or any of the other settings without coming to the Administrator)

and some of the financial reporting

Premier 19 that we were on before allowed me to restrict Users and reporting but I don't seem to be able to do so with the upgraded version??

Am I missing something?

Sue

rachrach88
1 Post
Cover User

Hello, has anything been done about making this change to AccountRight Plus? 

At the moment Myob still have the only options of giving a person FULL access to a module or NO access to a module. It would be must more user friendly and secure if this could be customised so they have access to view orders and invoices for example but not have the access to create and delete.

This is a massive deal breaker for us in Myob. 

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi @rachrach88 

We are certainly planning on adding a lot more functionality to the user restrictions based on a range of feedback.  As soon as we have some more information on when this will become available we will be sure to update this idea.  We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Palace_Signs
1 Post
Cover User

I have just upgraded to AccountRight Plus from Accounting Plus v17 for my small business, and I am disappointed to find out the user access restrictions which were available in that version are not available in this one.

For example, in the older version I could allow employees to create quotes and invoices, but restrict access to everything else.  As it currently stands in AccountRight Plus, my employees are able to look up and analyse my entire sales history which is a great concern.  

I hope this is rectified soon, as it makes it difficult to manage the administration of my business in the way I expected I would be able to.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi @Palace_Signs thanks for your feedback on this idea. This is still something that we're planning on adding in with a future update. Thank you for your patience and I'm sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.

DebbieC
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

Both Find Transaction & reports under accounts are disabled once any roll is applied other than Administrator or Accountants.

This is a function that is highly used to check or find entries. Could you please look at a way of restricting drill downs on block areas instead of such a sledge hammer approach.

This lock down has now meant that any business that uses the roles, I will not be recommending to update to the new platform,.

Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi MYOB, 

I have just read through all the posts on the problems re. user access in AccountRight Live, and am astonished that nothing has been done  yet. A lot of these posts are well over a year old! This is a deal breaker for so many of our clients who would otherwise happilySmiley Mad be using AR Live. I am working with a client who is about to go onto AR Live and was very excited about it, but we are now looking at rolling back to AR 19.5 because of this. Like so many of the examples above, they must have the ability to restrict some employees read only, others to certain areas (banking etc) but still be able to run custom reports , create jobs etc

PLEASE CAN YOU PUT IT AT THE TOP OF YOUR LIST OF PRIORITIES??

SuziT
11 Posts
Cover User

JOBS

We use JOBs feature for tracking revenue and costs on field service work and managed services. I have recently upgraded to Accountright Live and know that that I have to specify each users' access level.

The issue is the only user with access to JOBS is an administrator. I.e. only an administrator can create a new JOB. There are obviously other issues pointed out by other users. Like those above I want everyday users to be able to access a particular feature and not everything - i.e. add (create new) JOBS, but currently I cannot unless I give them full administrator access. Simply rediculous! JOBS was the winning reason for staying with MYOB over  XERO. 

Providing specific customisation of user access or privlages to the various featurs in MYOB is something that should never have been overlooked. This is accounting software, not an app or a game. This is a hugh oversight on MYOB's part and frankly MYOB has not been responsive enough to this issue. Paying lip service and saying you are working on it is not acceptable. My employees cannot use MYOB properly unless I give them administrator access. I note that this issue was raised in 2012 and is now 'planned'. Did I make a poor decision staying with MYOB given the time MYOB takes to resolve critical issues like this? This is an issue that must receive MYOB's urgent and undivided attention to resolve.

Required Action: Adding the ability to more broadly customise an individual user's access to each feature or action in MYOB.

Chilli
4 Posts
Cover User

No need to repeat numerous evidence. 

Please introduce improved user access ASAP.  Current functionality has very limited application in real world.