Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Adjust default user roles

Partner

3,363Posts

503Kudos

522Solutions

3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia

The ability to distinguish what privileges are given to an employee within each category need to be more detailled like they were in the older versions.

You may want to give someone access to sales to do invoicing only, but not want them to view any reports or be able to create credit notes.

You may want to give limited access in banking, eg spend and receive money transactions or prepare bank deposit but keep them out of reconciliations.

At the moment the user choice is all or nothing.

'Users - Security Settings, Access and Privileges"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2014

Thanks again for all your comments and votes. We have improved user access controls in AccountRight 2014.2. We hope the new functionality makes business life easier for you.

57 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

MYOB moderators - I believe this is a duplicate (and an extremely important comment) - should you consolidate the votes elsewhere?

JohnTheLA
19 Posts
Cover User

A lot of clients also ask for read only access.

coco_pretzel2
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I have noticed that as the administrator I am unable to restrict usage for our employees within a command centre.  For example, I only want an employee to access some of the sales register not all of it.  At the moment you are unable to do this.  Can this be fixed as I am unable to give them any access presently because of this issue.

Many thanks

Jodie

MMM56
1 Post
Cover User

We need to allow users to have view only access to answer questions when the accounts staff are not in, but do not want to allow access to enter or change anything.

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi,

If you need view only access to MYOB data some of the Add-on Solutions will provide this now, see 

http://myob.com.au/addons/

As an example our solution Business Intelligence for MYOB will allow users to use a web browser to access, analyse and report on data from the MYOB company file (both AR Classic and AR Live).

Information available includes:

• Debtors
  • Creditors
  • P&L - inc Drill down to transactions
  • Jobs  - Summary and drill down
  • Sales - Summary by Items, Customers etc and in detail
  • Purchases

Further security can also be set to limit access for each user e.g. A Sales Rep can only see their customers etc.

Jennifer Kelly CA

www.BIforMYOB.com

02 8912 4110

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

We have our employees using TimeSheet function in MYOB via the cloud and complete the timesheets.

I have three security issues:

1. When I set up the Employee to have user role "Time Billing" access only.  The employee still has access to view or even amend other employees timesheets.  Could MYOB set it up so that the Employee only has access to their own Employee Card file?  Suggest an extra preference in the "company roles" under Time Billing where you can select an option for an employee to have access a particular card that you select?.  
  2. I don't want my staff knowing/comparing each others payroll information.  They also have the ability to report on each others timesheet activity again I don't want my staff having access to other employee's activities.Block users from running reports on other employees activities. 
  3. When I set up the user to have the company role of "Time Billing only".  I have discovered they have the ability to back up, restore or take the file offline.    I don't want the average user to have the ability to do this, it causes a security risk for the business.  Can this option be removed or have I not set the user up correctly?

Interest to hear your feedback or any recommendations on the above.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

We have our employees using TimeSheet function in MYOB via the cloud and complete the timesheets.  The ability to have our employees do this on the cloud is excellent further more it makes the billing to the clients even faster for usHeart

I have three security issues:

1. When I set up the Employee to have user role "Time Billing" access only.  The employee still has access to view or even amend other employees timesheets.  Could MYOB set it up so that the Employee only has access to their own Employee Card file?  Suggest an extra preference in the "company roles" under Time Billing where you can select an option for an employee to have access a particular card that you select?.  Smiley Surprised
  2. I don't want my staff knowing/comparing each others payroll information.  They also have the ability to report on each others timesheet activity again I don't want my staff having access to other employee's activities.Block users from running reports on other employees activities. 
  3. When I set up the user to have the company role of "Time Billing only".  I have discovered they have the ability to back up, restore or take the file offline.    I don't want the average user to have the ability to do this, it causes a security risk for the business.  Can this option be removed or have I not set the user up correctly?

Interest to hear your feedback or any recommendations on the above

Juliam
1 Post
Cover User

This is a huge problem within our business. With v19 we were able to distinguish which particular areas certain people can and cannot access. The permissions within ARLive are too broad - you either have access to everything, or access to nothing. At the moment I personally am having to print GST reports and BAS statements for various users (using administrator privledges) as well as adding new account codes and numerous other day to day functions. It would be handy if you could allow users access to the accounts tab for example, but within this tab be able to select which reports they can and cannot view/print.

I also noticed users are not able to adjust certain reports and save them to be used at a later date. For example - one of our users wanted to customise the Statement so that it fits within our envelopes address window. She saved the adjusted form to customised reports, but now does not have access to this customised report due to her permissions.

The only way to give our users access to everything they require to complete their job is to give them Accountant/Bookkeeper roles. But this gives them full access to all functions (which we do not want) and more importantly set up options (which we definitely don't want).

We were on the verge of going back to v19, but just could not fathom having to re-enter weeks worth of data on 20-odd data files.

I am really looking forward to an update on user access!

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I hope myob can do something about this as soon as possible too.

LukeCaldwell
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I have looked at the Account Right Plus 2013.4 again after looking at it when it first came out and still face the same problem as before Access rights. I need to be able to give access to Job List, Sales, Purchases, and Card file. I can give access to the last three but not job list without giving access to accounts information which could be done in Account Right Plus Ver 19. So I gess until this can be achieved in the newer versions I am left with continuing to use Account Right Plus Ver 19 and eventually mean looking for a different software which can suit our needs.