Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Hide bank account balance

Contributing Cover User

15Posts

30Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

When you have a user id who's access is limited to just sales & purchases or similar it would be good if the bank account balance was not shown for privacy. 

We have some employees who do not need to access any bank information just simply enter sales and purchases.

Thanks

"Hide Bank Balance"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2017

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2014.2 updated the ability to manage the user access roles using the Manage Roles tab in the User Access window. One of the restrictions that you can place on your user access roles is to "Show Bank Account Balances" or not.

10 Comments
Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff
This is something that we will be looking at in the future. Rather than introducing another preference for this I wonder if it would make sense to only show the balances if you have been given access to banking?
livlee
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Only showing the balances if you have been given access to banking seems like a good way to do it then it is automatic.  One less thing to set up!!

Thanks

northram
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We have employees who use banking to record some data, e.g spend or receive money, and would like to restrict their access to bank information which we currently we cannot do..

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2014.2 updated the ability to manage the user access roles using the Manage Roles tab in the User Access window. One of the restrictions that you can place on your user access roles is to "Show Bank Account Balances" or not.

Carolyn_H
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi All,

I would like to give an employee access to 'banking' to take some of the data entry process off my plate but would like to hide the account balances from them. Is this possible in AccountRight? I can see, in the user access facility, that you can untick 'show bank account balances' in the Accounts tab but not the Banking one and his does not stop the balances being shown in the file being used by the employee. Thanks in advance for advice you can give!

Carolyn

Jules23
Experienced Cover User
70 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Carolyn

I have just had to do the same for some of my staff.  This is how I hid the bank account balances.

Go to:

Set Up

User Access

Manage Roles

Banking

Untick Show Bank Account Balances

Save

I hope this helps.

Carolyn_H
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Jules,

I don't seem to have that option in Banking, only in the Accounts tab, but that doesnt't hide the balances from the user. I have the latest version of AR2019.2 I believe.

Tan1
4 Posts
User

I am wanting to hide bank balances from all staff apart from administrators in MYOB 2020.  There doesn't seem to be an option here.  Can anyone assist?

Kerry10
Trusted Cover User
292 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I am also struggling with this issue.  Wanting to hide bank balances from an employee who I have set up as Office Manager.  She does not have access to the Accounts command centre.

Kerry10
Trusted Cover User
292 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I am also struggling with this issue.  Wanting to hide bank balances from an employee who I have set up as Office Manager.  She does not have access to the Accounts command centre.  But in the Banking Command Centre there is no option to hide balances.