Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Reset Administrator password

Experienced Cover User

260Posts

76Kudos

1Solutions

260 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New
New

We need a better way to reset or retrieve the administrator password. Would save a lot of people big headaches and downtime - I haven't been able to do anything all afternoon as the other user (my accountant is away today).

As it stands right now I either have to pay over $100 to get MYOB to reset it for me or get another user who has administrator access to reset it and then email it to me (which will also cost me money).

A very simple solution would be: for it to allow us to have a pincode which we could create against the admin user and in the event that the password is lost or corrupted we could default to using that as a password override which would then give us full access and when it logs in force a new password to be set.

Or a more complex solution, allow us to save an email address against a user and then have it email a new password to the user. But that would require it to connect to an SMTP server to send it.

Please everyone vote for this!

Thanks.

"Better Password Reset Option"

3 Comments
Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The password on my system seems to have got corrupted as I have logged in successfully since I put the password on it.

Penny123
1 Post
Cover User

Hi Kelly, I have to agree with you here. This is a frustrating area of the MYOB software and Administrator password recovery.

The ability to enter a challenge code or generate an automated password sent to an email address would be fantastic! It would save a lot of time not only for MYOB clients, but also for MYOB support.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Penny123the problem we have is MYOB will be making a fairly good sum of money out of people forgetting their password so they will be very reluctant to add anything along these lines.

But what they  need to take into account is the amount of time it takes them to unlock it and that a business can't operate in that time. Regardless of whether they have a very expensive 4 hour service or not.