Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Restrict access to individual reports

Experienced Cover User

11Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In MYOB v19 we were able to restict access (for privacy reasons) in the Accounts Section. For example Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet Reports were not available and could be individually deselected. However in Account Right Plus version 2015.1.17.580 all of the reports are contained in the Accounts access and therefore we cannot access the General Ledger [Detail] report for reconciliation purposes. Has anyone else come across this problem and been able to rectify it?

I have contacted MYOB online and they have said it is not possible, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

"Reports Availability"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Hi @2763841

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and restricting access to reports.

Within AccountRight 201x the user access is slightly different that previous versions. You can restrict users to individual sections of reports i.e. Accounts, Cards, Sales... however you are unable to restrict users to individual reports.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to restrict access to certain reports rather than then the individual sections to vote and comment if required for this idea.

9 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

This is a real issue. There are instances where access to some reports in a group is needed for a user to do their job, but access needs to be restricted to other reports.

This is an instance that a previously useful feature is no longer available. Please rectify asap.

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @2763841

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and restricting access to reports.

Within AccountRight 201x the user access is slightly different that previous versions. You can restrict users to individual sections of reports i.e. Accounts, Cards, Sales... however you are unable to restrict users to individual reports.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to restrict access to certain reports rather than then the individual sections to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,861 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I strongly support this; user access control over individual reports is vital, and I have just had this discussion (over access to financial statements) with a new client.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mike_James & @David_Cree

Thank you both for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your feedback with the team.

ASJ
5 Posts
User

Not happy about the lack of options to limt which reports users can have access to in Account Right 2015.4 vs old Premier19. Have recently upgarded and now find that I do not have the ability to limit which reports my users have access to within the Accounts tab. You can manage roles and give access to reports etc.. but you dont have any choice of which reports within accounts they can access - it's all or nothing! e.g. I want them to be able to access job reports and account transaction reports, but NOT THE COMPANT PROFIT & LOSS OR BALANCE SHEET REPORTS - THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE CURRENTLY IN ar 2015.4.

Please MYOB can you fix this problem? Maybe create another role, or more customisation options within reports?

"Add further reporting limit options in Manage Roles for Users?"

son1a
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
I would like to see the ability to restrict reporting in sales and customer payments to individual employees. I can't give access to sales reports without giving access to others sales!
JulieT
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would like to be able to give access to individual Job Profit and Loss and category tracking without allowing Sales Staff to see overall company financial figures.

son1a
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

yes please!!  and I would love to be able to provide access to my sales team to their sales and customer payments only.

GreedyGazza
2 Posts
Cover User

For better privacy, have an option in User Access Reports for Accounts, to separate high level reports (Profit and loss, balance sheet, trial balance) from the Book keeping elements (GL Detail etc)