Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Restrict access to payroll should flow through to electronic payments and bank register

Cover User

1Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia
New
New

Guys

i've restricted use from the payroll area & that appears to work just fine.

payroll is paid via electronic payments and the net pay for all staff shows up there.

so i have to switch off access to electronic payments too - this is more than i wish to do.

suggest restricting payroll access includes the associated electronic payments only.

thanks

'Payroll User Access"

23 Comments
JRG
2 Posts
Cover User

I have found exactly the same issue - Payroll is confidential and in MYOB 19.1 we never had an issue at all.  Why can this feature not be part of AccountRight? Unfortunately, we may have to look at using another system for payroll or outsourcing payroll if we cannot resolve this.  Logically, the confidential feature was available in 19.1,  so I am hopeful that it can be included in AccountRight.  Please can this be corrected so that MYOB AccountRight is a system that can be used with confidence by all businesses.

cassandrahendo
1 Post
User

It is disappointing that even though you can remove payroll access for a user, the user can still view wage details in other areas within MYOB.  If they have access to the accounts list they can drill down on the wages account and view payroll details.  If they have access to reconcile accounts or electronic funds they can also view wage transactions there as well depending on how payroll is processed.  They are unable to click into the actual transaction but they can still see what each employee is paid.

I would have thought from a privacy perspective that this would have been a loop hole that would have been closed by MYOB long ago.  To actually ensure the privacy of staff payments you must also restrict other functionality that limits the user.  This makes if difficult to have staff view what they need to, and also continue to be productive in their role.  I hope MYOB will address this concern soon.  With privacy laws as they are, how can employers keep this personal information private when they use MYOB without making it unworkable.

ARAP_2020
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

MYOB needs to review the way the permissions are set up and change them to be more secure.  I have an employee who DOES NOT have access to payroll, yet, they can access payroll information from having access to the accounts list. 

This means that confidential information is no longer confidential.

They are the bookkeeper, they need access to the information in the rest of the accounts.

PLEASE MAKE PERMISSIONS SO THAT THEY LINK TO THE AFFECTED ACCOUNTS.