Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: Restrict access to payroll should flow through to electronic payments and bank register

Cover User

1Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia
New
New

Guys

i've restricted use from the payroll area & that appears to work just fine.

payroll is paid via electronic payments and the net pay for all staff shows up there.

so i have to switch off access to electronic payments too - this is more than i wish to do.

suggest restricting payroll access includes the associated electronic payments only.

thanks

'Payroll User Access"

23 Comments
Bil
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I could not agree more with your sentiments. I am surprised by how casual (wreckless) MYOB is being about such a huge change in their software without having given warning to their migrating customers. We surely would NOT have migrated to the web version had we known about all these security issues and privacy breaches.

MYOB simply doesnt seem to care?! It is a different company to the one we started with almost 20 years gao.

CathyN
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Yes I totally agree.  We have an accounts lady who will be doing all the Accounts receivalbe and Payable and I will have to block access to all electronic payments so she can't see the Payroll payments. I manged to block the access to drill into those payments however it shows the name and amount, not very clever.  The only option is I will have to process the electronic payments or run two companies.

I think this is an important issue.

There seems to be a tick box in the Supplier Banking area for Electronic Payments however it doesn't seem to isolate just EP for suppliers. Even though when you create an Electronic Payment it asks you what type you want to do?

KGlover
1 Post
Cover User

It is now July 2017 and this is still an issue. 

Is MYOB considering a solution to this security issue?

mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We are about to start a new employee who will require considerable MYOB access. Nevertheless I have been instructed by my controlling board of directors to restrict ALL payroll access. This is impossible with the current MYOB. Seriously thinking of looking into another financial program. The current privacy security is atrocious! PLEASE fix this problem!!

Rukshi
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi!

Users have been restricted to access Paroll.But still they can view who is paid how much through disbursement journal or Electronic Clearing Account. How can this be stopped? It is reallay a concern for the company.

Thanks 

AmyR
6 Posts
Cover User

Has this issue in MYOB been fixed yet? It has just come up for one of my clients and I am trying to find a way around it.

mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Ridiculous isn't it? I have just employed a very competent bookkeeper but because we do not want personal payroll details available, I have to restrict so much of MYOB it makes her feel "untrusted" & the software is not able to be used adequately. MUST BE FIXED!!!

@Eric_T wrote:

Guys

i've restricted use from the payroll area & that appears to work just fine.

payroll is paid via electronic payments and the net pay for all staff shows up there.

so i have to switch off access to electronic payments too - this is more than i wish to do.

suggest restricting payroll access includes the associated electronic payments only.

thanks

'Payroll User Access"

DaisyMay
Partner
12 Posts
Partner

Admin staff have access to the bank for reconciliation purpose

I have blocked access to staff from the payroll section- and I process the pays via an ABA file to the payroll clearing account- and then journal to the bank account

It does not matter if they see a bulk amount for payroll- but now I discover they are able to open the payroll clearing account which does give individual details of employees pays-

There is currently no way we can block this from happening-  so it is a bit pointless blocking the payroll as they can get the info anyway?

This is not good-   any ideas please

Rose

pk2
3 Posts
User

I have locked the payroll function in MYOB Premier but the wages still show in the cash disbursement report. It would be an idea not to have anything to do with payroll showing in reports to people other than the once authorised in payroll.

Feziona1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

Can an update be provided for limiting user access to payroll information within user modules.

At this stage payroll information is too readily shared across various functions within a business and does not allow for seperation of duties and privacy concerns. 

I would think this would be a major issue for most small business and could easily be recitifed.