Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Voluntary Withholding

GulfSpirit
Cover User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia
New
New

This subject was touched on in 2011, but the software is now slightly different as is the ATO form for payment summaries-now NAT 72769 (Payg voluntary seems to be a little category all on its own).  Myob still likes the the term labour hire, but this category doesn't fit. They are to be given payment summaries as 20% is Voluntarily withheld- I have also played around and spoken to customer support- we are basically not catered for.  Payroll insists on TFN's which it should be ABN's we're after. Whilst they are a supplier- this doesn't work cause we need payroll involved, due to tax withheld. Help help help - I'd like to make use of why I bought this program. We are not building industry- so none of that fits either.  Its Share fishing - any ideas..

New
3 Comments
Trusted Cover User carolineh
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We have always used the VWH tax code extensively when we employ temporary labour-only ABN holders on commercial sites.

However, at the end of each financial year I then have to fill out by hand sometimes hundreds of “PAYG Payment Summaries – business and personal services income” forms (copy attached) because there is no type of reporting available from MYOB that produces either an ATO acceptable report or an electronic lodgement file.

Every year, I hope you’ll do something about this but every year nothing!

The VWH system is still used extensively in the Construction Industry so I really can’t understand why this has been ignored for so long.

Is there anything in place at all reporting wise to help here?

Partner ASWatCR
242 Posts
Partner

I agree and have raised this issue with myob before. I don't understand why they can not follow this process through and make it actually work properly re ato reporting etc.

Partner ASWatCR
242 Posts
Partner

MYOB moderators - this is a duplicate. 

I read another suggestion (and commented on it) regarding exactly the same thing. 

Please combine ideas and note the importance of it - as multiple people are posting about it. 

I hope this can be addressed before EOFY2014.