Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Ability to attach documents to items

Experienced Cover User

141Posts

87Kudos

0Solutions

141 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

It would be very helpful to be able to have a link from a ITEM to aPDF or WORD document 

This would allow DATA sheets and other relevent info to be easily available.

This link should be available from both the invoice/order screens and also from within the Item card by clicking onthe link

This doesnt mean trying to use the picture link as it doesnt have the resolution to be used as a data sheet 

This would allow a simple and efficient link to allow people to look up information about the ITEM or to print off sheets for customers

Having the option of 2 or 3 links per ITEM would be even better as one could be the DATA sheet, another could be the SALES brochure and a third could be STAFF info regarding the ITEM

Each LINK needs to be able to be individually named for each part NOT a generic name as often happens

Darryl

"CREATE A LINK FROM A PART NUMBER TO AN EXTERNAL PDF DATA PAGE"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: July 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

6 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

Garnie
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

I have an engineering company that would greatly benefit from being able to attach pdf drawgs to item details.  Currently it seems to only accept bmp gif or jpeg.  Great for pictures but not great to view a technical drawing.  To take it further if there was the ability to attach any sort of file (excel, word, pdf, etc...) would be an extremely useful feature.   Perhaps it could be an option to upgrade and unlock?

"Attachments for Items"

LeeanneN
5 Posts
User

Hi the attachment feature is fantastic but would lover it accross the board

for  banking receive money

for sales invoices

inventory

brunob
MYOB Product Manager
39 Posts
MYOB Product Manager

Hi @LeeanneN ,

Thank you for the feedback. Can you kindly elaborate more on how you would use the attachment features for inventory?

Kind regards,

Bruno

LeeanneN
5 Posts
User

I am wanting to attach documents for banking recive money and sales . And i saw infentory didnt have it, so i thought I may as well mention.

Margaretf
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I too would like the ability to attach a document to ANY transaction, be it a refund for a receive money, or a bank document when exchanging EUD to NZD as a Trade Loan.  I would like to be able to attach any document to any entry in MYOB, just like you have numerous folders which you manually keep a copy of everything to track everything.  Do we have to have separate in-trays for spend money or pay bills?  Could we just have the one in-tray and maybe move documents inside it as it suits us the user? Maybe by making folders within the in-tray?