Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

duplicated invoice numbers

38Posts

36Kudos

0Solutions

38 Posts
Partner
Australia

Any idea when we have the option in setting to warn when a duplicated sale/purchase invoice no. is used?

This has been requested since last year.

cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September

Hi Everyone

When creating, editing or viewing an invoice in the Browser interface, users will be warned if the invoice number being used is a duplicate of an existing invoice number.

17 Comments
Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
726 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @colleenWatson 

Thank you for your post. Since it has been requested, our team is looking into it, as of now, there is no specific time frame for when it will be available on the software or product that you are currently using.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,

Hannah

DeeRoss
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I was just reading your request and if you go to Setup / Preferences then to the Sales Tab you can set to "Warn for Duplicate" and set to "Invoice and Customer PO" and on the Purchases tab set "Warn for Duplicate" to Purchase Order and Supplier Inovoice",

Hope that helps you out Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,

Dee Smiley Happy

jenni
Experienced Cover User
78 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@colleenWatson 

I think Dee Ross has your answer.  I was about to write the same thing as her... Smiley Happy

colleenWatson
Partner
38 Posts
Partner

Dee this is ok if using Account Right, but it is not available on MYOB Essential/business.

Lollipopsbay
2 Posts
User

Agree this should be a difficult "feature" to add in fact shouldn't even be considered a feature it should be a staple inclusion for basic internal controls in any accounting system. I have had multiple dramas with reconciling accounts and invoices being "double-paid" because invoices get uploaded to the In tray twice and the duplicate invoice number is not picked up. An ETA for having this resolved would be much appreciated 

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Lollipopsbay and @colleenWatson

Thanks for reaching out. 

Currently, this is a feature that is in AccountRight already. You can access this via Setup > Preferences > Sales > Warn for duplicate Invoice/Customer PO numbers or recorded sales.

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Cheers, 

Genreve

Lollipopsbay
2 Posts
User

Sorry Genreve I have MYOB Business Pro so can't locate the Setup / Preferences screen you refer to. My question was also in regards to duplicate purchase invoice numbers not sales.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @colleenWatson

Thank you for clarifying the information. 

Currently, the Business/Essential web app does not have the feature to warn you about duplicate invoice numbers, this is still a feature on AccountRight PC edition. Rest assured the goal of the team is to make the web application as close to the desktop program as possible with the features. We will make sure to raise this to the attention of our team. 

If you need any further assistance feel free to let me know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve 

DebbieGibson
2 Posts
User

Ive also asked for this function - seems unbelievable really that it is available on the Desktop version but not the oOline version - would be good to have this expedited and actioned ASAP

Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,464 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @DebbieGibson,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forum! I regret to know that it's not yet available in web browser. We will do our best to expedite this feature and we will give updates once it's done.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai