Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

latest version of AccountRight 2019.4 needs major changes

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User

Please fix the latest AccountRight 2019.4. The purchases register is no longer user friendly.

When adding a pdf to the in tray half the time the pdf appears in the top right corner but when I click on it is blank. I had to save it onto the work share drive. This is not what MYOB should be doing.

Also when I add a pdf to the in tray in supplier purchases and attached it to an order created. this has just happened with this version - when I link the pdf every single supplier shows up and I have to type in the supplier and that doesn't work. I then have to scroll down each and every supplier to try and find the invoice I just typed to link the document. This has created so much more work for me and I am extremely frustrated with the latest version.

I would like to see the next update to fix these issues.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March

Hi All,

With the release of 2020.1, this addresses both points in this Idea Submission:

Blank/Missing Information when viewing the PDF from In Tray/Attachments:

Included in this release is the ability to launch the attached PDF in your computer's default PDF Reader. As the old AccountRight Reader was unable to read specific information on newer age PDF's this will provide the ability to view all PDF's in your usual PDF Reading Tool that is constantly up to date.

If your PDF's are launching in something else and not your preferred reader, you can simply change the default reader in your Windows Default Apps section. See here for steps on how to do this: How to Change Default PDF Viewer in Windows 10

All Supplier Invoices showing in the Link to Existing Bill Window:

The Link to Existing Bill window will now not include Bills with existing Linked In Tray Attachments by default. There is now a checkbox to show Bills with Attachments which is off by default.

You can read more about 2020.1's features on this Release Post: AccountRight 2020.1 is now available

Note: The In Tray will only check for Bills with linked In Tray documents, Bills with attachments that were uploaded directly to the Bill's Attachment window may still display if there are no Linked In Tray documents also.

Tagging: @rollers1 @PQPAust @fiona12345 

4 Comments
4 Posts
User

I am frustrated with all the supplier purchases showing when you try to link an invoice. I notified MYOB of this some time ago. Although I do not have the issue of the blank PDFs!

MYOB Product Team
6,265 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi @rollers1 & @fiona12345 

Good news with this one: The next release of AccountRight (2020.1) is set to address both of these issues.

This is a bug in the current PDF Viewer which is getting a big overhaul come next release so that you can open PDF's in your computer's default Reader. If you keep an up to date PDF Viewer (Windows 10 should auto-update this) then these issues should disappear.

The next release will filter out all Bills that have Attachments so that they do not display by default. There will be a checkbox to include Bills with Attachments should the need arise however.

You can keep an eye on the AccountRight Blog for when the next update is released for everyone.

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Product Team

5 Posts
Cover User

there are major issues with job reports, 2019.4 is completely useless.  I cannot get the description in the purchase to show at all so I have no idea until drilling down into the actual purchase - when you have 80 odd jobs to examine for accruals at the end of the month its almost impossible.  Please amend your job transaction reports so I can add description, rather than the useless journal memo line.  I am hating this version... just saying.

MYOB Product Team
6,265 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi All,

With the release of 2020.1, this addresses both points in this Idea Submission:

Included in this release is the ability to launch the attached PDF in your computer's default PDF Reader. As the old AccountRight Reader was unable to read specific information on newer age PDF's this will provide the ability to view all PDF's in your usual PDF Reading Tool that is constantly up to date.

If your PDF's are launching in something else and not your preferred reader, you can simply change the default reader in your Windows Default Apps section. See here for steps on how to do this: How to Change Default PDF Viewer in Windows 10

The Link to Existing Bill window will now not include Bills with existing Linked In Tray Attachments by default. There is now a checkbox to show Bills with Attachments which is off by default.

You can read more about 2020.1's features on this Release Post: AccountRight 2020.1 is now available

Note: The In Tray will only check for Bills with linked In Tray documents, Bills with attachments that were uploaded directly to the Bill's Attachment window may still display if there are no Linked In Tray documents also.

Tagging: @rollers1 @PQPAust @fiona12345