Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Installation: Prevent Clearwater/Sample files from being installed

Experienced Cover User

112Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

112 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Please can Clearwater files be an OPTIONAL addon.

I have used MYOB for over 20 years and do not need to have it syncing on One Drive and wasting my bandwith. As I am in Australia I especially do not need a NZ version as well.

Surely if it can not be made an option it can be at least seperated into the relevant countries.

I know I can remove the sample files - and I do - but whenever there is a change they come back. Apart from my own PC I then have to do this for all the installed PC's at work - this is a really annoying time wasting nuisance.

"remove Clearwater'

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Sample (Clearwater) files aren't provided with AccountRight 2021.1 or later. 

If they are required these can be downloaded from Help Article: Using the sample company file (Clearwater).

6 Comments
MadeUpName
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please, guys - this is important!

This is hugely inconvenient for users and a huge waste of resources. It's been going on for ages and nobody seems to care.

Are you aware that customers can vote with their feet?

ruthc1
3 Posts
User

How do I remove the sample files?

Tina1959
Experienced Cover User
112 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Ruth

To remove the files it depends where they are stored - mine are in my One Drive File - Documents, MYOB, Account Right, 2020.2, Samples.

I just highlight and delete the files stored in samples which are called Clearwater.

If yours are somewhere else if you search Clearwater you can find them that way

ruthc1
3 Posts
User

Thank you . I've done that but there seem to be a multitude and they keep showing up! I will keep deleting!

Tina1959
Experienced Cover User
112 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes and unfortunately every time there is a new upgrade they get installed again! WE run the server edition so I need to do it on everyone's computer every time there is a change - total waste of time!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Sample (Clearwater) files aren't provided with AccountRight 2021.1 or later. 

If they are required these can be downloaded from Help Article: Using the sample company file (Clearwater).