0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
antonella
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation

Hi,
can anyone assist with the latest upgrade for 2020.4 , ive currently got 2020 4.24.1790 and got the update to upgrade to 2020.4.24.2371, im getting the following message 0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation, ive followed steps as advised online but still failed.. any assistance would be greatly appreciated before i call support

5 REPLIES 5
antonella
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Update 2020.4.24.2371

Hi, im having the same issues, i just posted as well

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: 0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation

Hi @antonella

Thank you for your post. Our help article Installation troubleshooting has instructions under heading 0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation on what to troubleshoot/check when you receive this error. Can you please attempt these instructions and let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

antonella
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

@Melisa_D thank you for your reply, ive already tried numerous times those steps, still failed Smiley Sad

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @antonella 

What device are you installing it on.

Anyways - I wil l assume a PC - as a Server install is very different.

If you clicked the popup that comes when you open MYOB - as I did for my PC only - and I usually don't like these popups - shortcuts - it gave me a fatal error.

To fix this you need to go online and download the update - the PC install edition - assuming you are not needing the SE (which you can install on a PC) - it is not a Server Edition as in Windows Server (but an edition that serves up MYOB files across the network).

Now go to Control Panel - find the installed MYOB 2020.4 version - and here I am assuming you are replacing the old 2020.4.1 version with the 2020.4.2 version.

You need to do a complete uninstall and reboot - MYOB will not install over the top in this case - well that is what I found on the PC.

Once you have fully uninstalled the old version - now install the new version.

If you still get a fatal error - then your problem is you probably have remnants of the old 2020.4 left that the new version is seeing.

This forum isn't the place for and extensive - how to do - you may have to do a registry clean but that needs to be done carefully and with a full backup of the system least your registry is scrambled.

Hence I would not recommend it be done unless you are familiar with how to do.

If you tried all the above and have done a full uninstall - and it still gives a fatal - email me privately I will try to help off forum.

The Doc

antonella
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @The_Doc