Contributing Cover User rightontrack
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

2019.2.1 = Emails not showing up in sent folder

So here we go once again, another simple issue that should have been picked up during testing.. 

As of the last update 2019.2.1 when you email an invoice or purchase order it is no longer showing up in the outlook sent folder, so you have no idea if it has actully been sent or not.. 

Speaking to a supplier they say they received the email, but it still doesn't show in the sent folder.

Now before some MYOB rocket scientist gets on and give stupid excuses like have you checked all your sent folder and all the rubbish I've seen on other posts, rather than doing an actual test to see if its happening at their end. 

I sort my send folder by date and have checked an double checked it, all my other emails are showing up in there fine, 

So someone get off their arse and find out what the issue is and get it sorted, and maybe even reply to this post.

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,189 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,189Posts

1,024Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 2019.2.1 = Emails not showing up in sent folder

Hi @rightontrack 

Out of curiosity, is your file online?

If so, I've seen AccountRight's online emailing system kick in if someone has clicked the "Sent Emails" button in AccountRight which would mean any emails sent will stop going through outlook. Could you confirm that the preference is not enabled if you go to: Setup > Preferences > Emailing?

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Contributing Cover User rightontrack
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

And there it is, 

So what you are saying is MYOB in all its wisdom made the "Send Emails Using Accountright" the defalt options in the last update, so it will over ride the users current preferance they had set before the update.

This is seriously amature hour, this stuff should just not happen, NO general setting should be changed in updates, 

So now you need to be proactive and send out an email explaining the error and how people (your customers) can fix it if needed.. 

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,189 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,189Posts

1,024Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @rightontrack 

This was not changed in 2019.2.1. I checked before and I can't see any direct cause for this as I've upgraded a few files and the preferences do not enable the preference, as I understand it this only happens if the Sent Emails button was clicked at all, which will enable the preference even if you close out of the Window straight away.

Otherwise, the only other way I can see this happening would be to manually change the preference.

That said, we are collecting telemetry data so we can measure operational clicks in online AccountRight files. So I'll be sure to hunt down the logs to see if I can find something else here.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
bresan
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

im glade i fount this post.

you people are full of **bleep**. i have just noticed after trying to find a sent invoice that you people have changed this as far back as may2019.

no body has changed my email settings as myself and my bookkeeper and accountant are the only 3 that have access to the programe 

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
789 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

789Posts

548Kudos

0Solutions

@Haydes wrote:

That said, we are collecting telemetry data so we can measure operational clicks in online AccountRight files. So I'll be sure to hunt down the logs to see if I can find something else here.

This bit cocerns me greatly.

What DATA is MYOB actually collecting from my usage ?

I would like to know exactly what information MYOB is collecting without me actually know.

Can you please tell me now to stop this information being sent to MYOB.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

HI @AndrewStephen 

I recommend reviewing section 11 of the AccountRight terms of use. This section specifically refers to your privacy, what information we may collect as well as what to do if you have a privacy complaint. Please note that this is the same terms of use that has to be agreed to when installing AccountRight on a computer

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post