2019 version of MYOB Account Right

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User AF1
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2019 version of MYOB Account Right

Hi there,

Just upgraded to 2019 software. wanted to confirm whether I can just run it and the 2018 version of Account Right will be upgraded or do I have to request IT help.

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,642 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,642Posts

1,029Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: 2019 version of MYOB Account Right

Hi @AF1  you can have both AccountRight 2018 and 2019 on your  computer, If you your company file is in the 2018 formay and you try to open it in version, you will be invited to upgrade it to version 2019. It's a quick proess that usually takes just a few minutes. However you can do the file upgrade later, if you're in a hurry, say to do a payroll  - if so, you can just open your file in version 2018, as usual - and do the file upgrade later.

Kym Y in Darwin [Palmerston]

Contributing User AF1
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Great thanks Kim.

I have another query. Our FY ended on 31/03/2019 and I have closed the year end as yet. Can you please let me know whether I can start a new FY 19/20 before closing and doing the back up.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,239 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,239Posts

4,281Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AF1 

AccountRight 201x will allow a user to continue on entering data into a company file for future financial years without closing off the previous financial year. This is to allow for those clients that need to have an advisor look over their records a chance to do so and then close the year after that has occurred.

So, in your case, you are good to go. When you are ready to close the financial year just flow Help Article: Close a financial year

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post