2020.2 Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains more than one matching element

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

2020.2 Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains more than one matching element

Hi, after upgrading to 2020.2 yesterday i am trying to import a regular monthly general journal, which has been SO easy up til now.  Now i'm getting the following error message ( Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains more than one matching element) which means nothing to me.  Can you please tell me where to start?  There is no strange punctuation, no blank lines, I've spent more time this afternoon trying to upload than i would have if i'd typed all 150 odd lines (with GL, amount, job #) manually.  The only line with an error against it is the first one, as below.  I'm at a loss what to do next, i would type it in but I don't want to do this all over again next month.

0 records imported without errors.
0 records imported with warnings.
1 records skipped.

Summary of errors
Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains more than one matching element

0 GJ003291 31/05/2020 job costing May 20 P X 603 564.01 564.01 15409 20 $0.00 N
GJ003291 31/05/2020 job costing May 20 P X 603 596.47 596.47 15429 20 $0.00 N
GJ003291 31/05/2020 job costing May 20 P X 603 292.53 292.53 15410 20 $0.00 N
GJ003291 31/05/2020 job costing May 20 P X 603 595.08 595.08 15415 20 $0.00 N

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,043 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,043Posts

1,547Kudos

1,841Solutions

Re: 2020.2 Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains more than one matching element

Hi @Jody28 

Out of curiosity, are one or more fields on the import file being matched to multiple import fields when this file is being imported?

Our team are currently looking into reports of a similar error caused by matching a field on the import files to multiple fields on the import assistant. To help avoid this, please ensure that each field on the import file is only being matched to a single field on the import assistant.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User
81 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

81Posts

35Kudos

1Solutions

Re: 2020.2 Error 0: Unexpected import error - Sequence contains more than one matching element

@Neil_M wrote:

Hi @Jody28 

Out of curiosity, are one or more fields on the import file being matched to multiple import fields when this file is being imported?

Our team are currently looking into reports of a similar error caused by matching a field on the import files to multiple fields on the import assistant. To help avoid this, please ensure that each field on the import file is only being matched to a single field on the import assistant.

Yeah and this was an issue introduced in v2020.1, so appears to have not been fixed in 2020.2.

Yet the aggressive decommissioning schedule of past versions hasn't changed, thus forcing your customers to use broken software.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the response, Neil, but no there's nothing like that. it's always been very straight forward, fields easily matched with minimal stuffing around.  

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,043 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,043Posts

1,547Kudos

1,841Solutions

Hi @Jody28 

Since its worked previously, it might be worth exporting out of AccountRight the last successful imported journal and compare the two in a text editor or third party program to see if there are any differences in formatting

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil, it's almost time to do the next one so if I have problems again this month I'll do as you suggest, see how i go!

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Neil,

when i try to export the April journal out of MYOB I get "Amount" and "is Credit" fields.  When i try to import a file with these fields back in it asks me to to match to Debit Ex Tax, Debit Inc Tax, Credit Ex Tax and Credit Inc Tax fields (which i've been using since i started importing this journal 12 months ago) .  So i'm not sure why but i can't match the imports to exports to check formatting, as they're totally different.  June journal didn't work, so i'll be typing it in again tomorrow.  After fighting with STP today i'm over technology - the more it gets "improved" the less it seems to work.  

Any more suggestions would be appreciated!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,043 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,043Posts

1,547Kudos

1,841Solutions

Hi @Jody28 

When you exported the template file out you would have noticed on the top line of the import file contains two brackets {} with the information exported out below this.

This is used by AccountRight to read the import file and as long as those two characters are on the first line of the import file AccountRight will use the same formatting as included in the exported template file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for this post. It helped me alot with the same error. I have been using/matching 1 field in the file to 2 in the wizard for years but yes the latest version looks to have regressed that capability. It is Saturday morning and I had to get the sales uploads today before our invoices go out on the 9th (tomorrow). So very pleased it worked after I found this post. Obviously not so pleased the code regressed but v.happy with this post

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post