2FA AccountRight (desktop) keeps asking for a verification code after ticking "trust device for 30 days"

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner
3 Posts
Partner
Australia

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 2FA AccountRight (desktop) keeps asking for a verification code after ticking "trust device for 30 days"

I too have the exact same problem. We tick the checkbox daily that says "save for 30 days" and it does nothing.

All users who access our file all have the same problem. I hope MYOB sort this out soon. 

Sam

Highlighted
Contributing Partner
16 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

16Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 2FA AccountRight (desktop) keeps asking for a verification code after ticking "trust device for 30 days"

I am having this same issue regarding authentication.  Has there been any response by MYOB?

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
41 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

41Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

@TraceyR, nothing so far...

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
120 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

120Posts

36Kudos

1Solutions

Hi There

I have been experiencing this problem for over a month now! Virtually every time I fire up AccountRight Live welcome screen to start an online session I am prompted for my email and password, and I then have to enter a verification code in the 2FA screen. I am ticking 'stay signed in for 12 hours' and 'Trust this device for 30 days' every time, but it seems to just ignore that. In an average session I am logging into 2 or 3 AR Live client data files, and it only makes me go through the sign in process for the first one. However, if I exit the Data file(s) I am working in and don't open another data file for a few hours I have to go right through the sign-in process from scratch again. I wondered if it was something to do with IE but have cleared all the caches etc and done everything that MYOB has recommended to date to fix this problem. The same thing is happening if I log in via my Partner Dashboard, or log in to my.myob through the MYOB website.  However, If i sign in as me on a client PC (I have a couple of regulars locally) and then go back there the next week this doesnt happen , i.e. the 30 day thing is working. So its got to be something to do with IE and my PC - maybe some corruption in the registry or something? 

Fiona Ellis
Sort IT Business Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
82 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

82Posts

50Kudos

6Solutions

Hi all,

In case you are interested, I have found the following thread outlining the same problem and it indicates no solution has been found yet.  However it does contain a link to 2FA and how to change to email authentication.  Having said that, a user suggested that was even worse than using the app! I am going to link out thread into this one and see what happens :-)

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/2-step-Authentication-not-remembering-my-...

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
41 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

41Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Everyone, @KatrinaF @Fiona_Ellis @TraceyR @Peter_Arvoll @chifley,

I am wondering if we will ever get a response from MYOB regarding this issue because I believe they are abandoning the desktop AR (forcing everyone to subscribe to the cloud version) come September 2019 anyway - so it is unlikely they could waste time with trying to fix this issue. I have been having this problem since upgrading to 2018.2 and perhaps asking about this on the forum could be a moot point?

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
82 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

82Posts

50Kudos

6Solutions

Good morning all :-)

Hopefully they will address it @JAM168 - 12 months is a long time for this to continue.

Long story but I had to call support this morning for something else and asked about this issue.  I was advised that it is a known problem and is being worked on, although curiously it has been categorised as having low impact as most users don't sign out Smiley Frustrated  I'm not sure what this means as I don't "sign out" but I do turn off my computer.

Anyhow, I found this in another thread and wondered if it might work for any of us.  I haven't tried it yet so if anybody gets a result, please advise.  Have a good day

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/two-factor-authentication/m-p/530814#M32196

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,972 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,972Posts

2,242Kudos

477Solutions

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the delay in posting an update on this matter. Our team have been working in the background and have spoken to a number of MYOB clients and partners who have raised this issue. We've worked through various scenarios to understand what is causing the most pain, many thanks to those of you who have been generous with your time and input. 

As a result of those conversations we’ve created this hints & tips article Trust this device for 30 days which will either help you resolve or explain the specific situations that will negate the “Trust this device” setting where appropriate.  

If you think you have new or unique scenarios that are not covered, we’d really like to talk to you to find out more. We’ll continue to look at ways to streamline your critical security needs.

Attn: @JAM168@KatrinaF@chifley@Peter_Arvoll@TraceyR@Fiona_Ellis

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
120 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

120Posts

36Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Suja

I have tried everything on the list you sent yesterday and sadly no change. If anything, keeping the cookies (I changed this on both IE and Chrome yesterday) has made things worse, as I now have to enter my email address, password, and verification code every single time I log in to a data file. Prior to this it at least remembered my credentials for a few hours. I am convinced this has something to do with IE on my PC, because I can happily sign in on other client PC's that I work on weekly and it does remember my credentials and the 30 day thing is working. Also, I my partner has a data file on my AR licence and he is not experiencing this problem - his verification code is remembered for 30 days. He also runs the same antivirus software and neither of us have made any changes to settings around cookies. So the problem is not with my licence, rather it is with my PC. I am predominantly a Chrome user, but there are a couple of sites that I visit with IE because they don't work as well with Chrome - interestingly I am now being asked to enter my full credentials everytime I visit them too, whereas in the past I just had to reenter the password. This could be a clue as to the problem with AccountRight? I wonder if a Windows 10 Update has changed something, since I had not made any changes myself to IE settings before this started happening.

Fiona Ellis
Highlighted
Experienced Partner
120 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

120Posts

36Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Again Suja

Just an update to my earlier email...I am running CCleaner Professional on my PC, and had it set to automatically 'clean' both Internet Explorer and Chrome upon closing these browsers. I think this was overriding any settings I changed re. cookies, caches etc in IE and Chrome, because I changed the settings in CCleaner this afternoon to not auto-clean and since then have successfully logged on to AR data files without any prompts for my.myob log in or 2FA verification codes coming up. Hopefully this is the solution for me and may help others.

Fiona Ellis

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post