2FA AccountRight (desktop) keeps asking for a verification code after ticking "trust device for 30 days"

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,592Kudos

1,905Solutions

Re: 2FA AccountRight (desktop) keeps asking for a verification code after ticking "trust device for 30 days"

HI @Fiona_Ellis

Thanks for letting us know what has worked for you, and identifying which program was causing issue for you. I’ve passed those comments onto our team, so that they are aware of them and can pass those onto other affected users so that it may benefit them

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
82 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

82Posts

50Kudos

6Solutions

Re: 2FA AccountRight (desktop) keeps asking for a verification code after ticking "trust device for 30 days"

Good morning,

Regarding the updated hints and tips in your last response :

1.. I'm not logging in using a different brower or computer
2. There are no other users on my computer (there is another user within our business but with their own login and computer)
3.  My browser settings are not clearing cookies (Chrome).
4.  I do not have access to my anti virus software as it is on a server and managed by an external IT company.  However, I assume if my anti-virus software was clearing cookies on exiting then it would do so for all programs, and this doesn't seem to be the case.
 5.  I am not signing out of AccountRight (I exit using the X in the top corner).

I have also included MYOB as a trusted site in my internet options as suggested in another thread.  So far nothing is working.  Must admit to being a bit frustrated.

I wish I knew what other information I could give your tech support team to help them solve this problem but please don't tick this off as solved yet. In the meantime, I think I'll try email verification.  

Katrina

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
41 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

41Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @KatrinaF, I'm having the same issues. I have a desktop virus application and it is not clearing cookies automatically. All my browsers are retaining the data, cache & cookies for at least 30 days so that's not it either. I guess we will probably have to live with this issue.

Very frustrating having to go doing this all the time.

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,314 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,314Posts

1,070Kudos

902Solutions

Hi @KatrinaF & @JAM168

From what @Fiona_Ellis had mentioned there might be another program other than the Anti-Virus that could be cleaning up your Operating System and inadvertently clearing the cookie that is saved, such as CCLeaner.

If you do not have any such program being CCleaner or something similar, we have had another User on the Forum find that moving to a different method of 2FA has helped their issue. Such as moving from app-based 2FA to Email.

This might help your case also, you can look into this option on this support note: Managing two-factor authentication

There are options to switch from app to email 2FA.

Please also note that another User has found that an Ad Blocker has caused issues signing into the Security Centre (Such as uBlock Origin) and had to temporarily turn this office in order to complete this.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | In Tray (Server)
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
82 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

82Posts

50Kudos

6Solutions

Hi @Haydes

I gave up on the phone authentication and switched to email 2FA on Friday with the help of the links in your last reply.  I ticked "trust this device for 30 days" and today when I signed in, it did!  I have no idea why it trusts the email verification over the app method but it does so I will leave that for your tech department to sort out.   

For everybody else in this thread, I would suggest switching (although it's only been one day so no guarantees Smiley Happy)

CC: @JAM168, @chifley@Peter_Arvoll@TraceyR@Fiona_Ellis @Suja_P @sholt73

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,314 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,314Posts

1,070Kudos

902Solutions

Thank you for letting me know @KatrinaF.

I have made sure to pass this to the teams to look into. Please do let me know if you encounter any other troubles with this.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | In Tray (Server)
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
41 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

41Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Haydes, no luck for me. I checked my default browser (IE)and it does not show to clear the cache every day. I also checked Norton Internet Security (and it is not set to clear cache or browsing history every day). I tried email authentication and I have the same problem.

So it does not matter which one I pick, it asks for the code everyday. I might as well switch back to the authenticator app as it is more secure.

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
82 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

82Posts

50Kudos

6Solutions

Hi @JAM168

Curiouser and curiouser.....

The only thing that I tried that you haven't mentioned specifically, was to make myob a trusted site in my internet options.  Apologies if you have already made this change - just trying to help out cause I know how maddening this is.

Kat

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
41 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

41Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @KatrinaF, yes I have so I'm out of ideas. Admittedly it is driving me bonkers, but at least the login should be fairly secure Smiley Happy  Thanks so much for trying to help

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,972 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,972Posts

2,242Kudos

477Solutions

Hi all,

Thank you each of you for the additional information and feedback regarding your experiences. With your help and from our conversations with some of you, our team have been able to consistently replicate the issue and are now working on identifying a permanent fix.

Thank you once again for your patience with this. We will keep you posted.

Attn: @JAM168@KatrinaF@chifley@Peter_Arvoll@TraceyR@Fiona_Ellis

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post