Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

119Posts

38Kudos

1Solutions

ACCOUNT RIGHT ERRORS

Hi everybody,

Today I present the three (3) latest problems I am having with AccountRight.

1 - I print a g/l detail report for three of my g/l accounts. Each separate account adds up brilliantly but the grand total is incorrect by $20.46

2 - A supplier invoice which I apparently entered in November is not showing on the Payables Reconcilliation Report (Summary) and did not show untill the same report was printed today (16/1)

3 - A depost into our bank on 5 January (entered to AccountRight on 9 January was NOT SHOWING on the g/l detail report for our bank (or any other account in the g/l) until I deleted it today (16/1) and re entered it.

Is there a problem with this last upgrade (Build 2019.3.22.8029) or am I imagining all of the above?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,093 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,093Posts

4,570Kudos

4,970Solutions

Re: ACCOUNT RIGHT ERRORS

Hi @Pelican5237 

1) When you say the General Ledger for three accounts is not balancing are you referring to three company files OR three accounts of one company file? The reason for this is that General Ledger reports in AccountRight 2019 will not include in the Current Year Earnings account, so the report will not balance by the amounts of that particular account with a company file. If you are referring to one particular file but only running it for three accounts, as you are reporting on those three accounts it will be unlikely to balance as the other side of the transaction will not be included.

2) The Payable Reconciliation [Summary] report is designed to show all open purchases for a supplier and age them according to the date. If the transaction was not listed in the company file, there could have been an offsetting debit for that supplier which has since been dealt with. Without seeing a screenshot of the original (prior to the deletion) Payable Reconciliation [Detial] report and a copy of the Purchase Register for that supplier it would be hard for us to investigate further.

3) Similar situation with the bank transaction. If the transaction has been against that account it should have been reported against that account. If that was not the case, we would need a screenshot of the transaction and a copy of the report for that account to investigate further.

However, in saying that, I haven't come across the situations for 2 and 3 for other clients. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Pelican5237
119 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

119Posts

38Kudos

1Solutions

1-3 accounts in 1 company file, simply debit and credit entries in each of three separate g/l accounts from 1 October 2019 to 31 December 2019. Absolutely NOTHING to do with any previous or next financial years. So you are telling me that if I run g/l reports on say, BANK CHARGES, PURCHASES and PAYG PAYABLE, and the debits and credits add up correctly within each account, the GRAND TOTAL at the bottom is UNLIKELY TO BALANCE because the other side of the entries is not showing. Do I understand that correctly?
2-The date on this entry is 9 November 2019 BUT THIS ENTRY DID NOT APPEAR ON THE PAYABLES RECONCILIATION until AT LEAST 4 WEEKS LATER, I can email you all of the Payable Reconciliation (Summary) reports if you would like to check this for yourself.
3-Good Grief Steve, IT WAS AN ENTRY I REMEMBER MAKING as it was from a friend, I used FIND TRANSACTIONS and the invoice number and opened the credit entry WHICH HAD THE CORRECT BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER in the DEPOSIT TO ACCOUNT FIELD, BUT IT DID NOT APPEAR ON THE G/L (BANK) ACCOUNT AS A DEBIT UNTIL I DELETED AND RE ENTERED IT!

I don’t make these complaints for the fun of it! I have been using accounting systems for 30 years – in fact, in my last job I had to sit with representative of TRIUMPH ACCOUNTING to explain to him how we wanted the system to work and show him how to make it work! Some years ago I even assisted in writing the assets program in DBQ/DB2 for the Commonwealth Government. I even wrote an EXCEL macro which allowed three bookkeepers to reduce from 1 day to 1 minute exporting wages figures from Triumph and import into our EXCEL reports. So please believe me, l WOULD NOT BE WASTING MY TIME COMPLAINING IF EVERY WORKED AS IT SHOULD. I have a terminal illness and work only 4 hours per week and all I want things to do is WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,093 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,093Posts

4,570Kudos

4,970Solutions

Hi @Pelican5237 

The General Ledger reports are designed to show the debits and credits of your accounts. If you are selecting a series of accounts it will only show you the total debit and credit for those accounts and thus will not include other accounts as part of that total.

For example, if you record a purchase transaction for $100 excluding GST. The following accounts would be affected 

Debit to the expense account $100
Debit to the GST liability account  $10

Credit to the Trade Creditors account $110

If I then ran my General Ledger report only the expense and Trade Creditors account the Totals would not balance as it is not including all the transactions components.

So in your case, I would be going back to the individual transactions and reviewing them to see what accounts are involved to ensure these accounts are included as part of that General Ledger Detail. My recommendation if you are initially running it for a quarter is to narrow down when it's not balancing then you can investigate transactions on that day.

I do fully understand the situation that has occurred i.e. you a transaction has only appeared now in the reports after it was deleted. I was merely indicating that for us to investigate the situation we would need to see the company file as it was at the time (i.e. that transaction not showing in the General Ledger reports). By deleting that transaction we would not be able to see the transaction as it was recorded within the company file. While printouts and reports are good to review, assuming we need to get the company file in* to actually fix the file and error deleting that transaction prevents us from doing that as that transaction would no longer exist the company file.

*I'm NOT indicating that it needs to come in at this stage, 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Pelican5237
119 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

119Posts

38Kudos

1Solutions

I ran the g/l report for:

PAYG Payable which had a total of $961.00 debit and $1384.00 credit and

Employee super which had a total of $1404.16 debit and $960.70 credit and

Wages & Salaries which had a total of $10193.87 debit and 0 credit

Each separate debit total was correct and each separate credit total was correct and on the very last line of the report the 'Grand Total' was $12559.03 (which is the total of the 3 debit sub totals). On the report which the complaint was made which was printed on 9/1/20 this was only figure showing in the 'Grand Total' line, ie there was no total of the credits. I have just run this same report this morning (as I only work on Thursdays) and both the debit grand total and credit grand total are showing correctly.  My problems are not of the technical nature you seem to think, they are simply that things are not showing correctly i.e. the grand total of credits not showing on one report and the debit entry not showing in the Bank account until I deleted it and re-entered it.

In future I will do screen dumps immediately I notice a problem to forward to you as I dont seem to be explaining the problems correctly.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,093 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,093Posts

4,570Kudos

4,970Solutions

Hi @Pelican5237 

Thank you for confirming that information

From your past Forum posts, I understand that you do have a complex way of recording payroll which involves the use of Spend Money transactions and also tax codes.  So the process could be different for yourself.

However, generally speaking with payroll transactions, you would have a bank account impacted i.e. you are paying out the staff. If you are only including those three accounts (PAYG, Employee Super and Wages) in that report, you are not including the other side of the transaction i.e. the Bank account as such the report will not balance as you would generally be missing the credit to the bank account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post