API install fails 2021.6 Server Edition

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LeighH1977
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

API install fails 2021.6 Server Edition

Hi All, anyone have a tip on how to install 2021.6 when the API fails with error code 0x80070643. General fix is to upgrade all windows updates and then re try however in my case the windows updates are now done and server rebooted but install and more specifically API install fails causing the entire 2021.6 to fail as well.

Ecosys team support at myob is unbelivelably hard to work with. called multiple times over the past 2 days and have been disconnected, cut off and today even after an email and call back on a support providers personal phone (after her VPN had errors and her phone system dropped out) I was promised a call by another team member URGENTLY....4 hours later still nothing so long and short of it 48 hours of trying to contact myob have failed miserably so hopefully someone out there can help!

Running windows 10 pro 64bit. desktop version on workstations and SE on server. datat file local not cloud based. log file attached should that assist.

TiA

7 REPLIES 7
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: API install fails 2021.6 Server Edition

Hi @LeighH1977 

Sorry to hear you had that experience with the phone-based teams.  If you have followed the steps given in this help article for resolving this error message and you're still getting the same error, we'd recommend getting IT assistance to enter the following into an elevated command prompt:

1. sc delete "MYOB AccountRight API"
  2. reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D4F1064A7BA624341A13BCBB1C59BBB6

Once this is done, try the reinstallation again and let us know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RGI
3 Posts
User
Australia
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Same issue here, API installed from 2021.3 cannot be upgraded.  MYOX file is now 2021.6 and API has error Invalid File format. 

Looks like the API is being installed then crashes out 0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation

Suggestive that is cannot update the 2021.3 API driver.

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi All Unfortunately this does happen occasionally and the cause is often very difficult to find. Having said that I have done 2 installs this morning (and as a developer) I use the API - 1 install on a Win 2016 server - typically I uninstall but the current MYOB version and the API - however, not always - the API install merely installs over the top of the existing install. Typically there is never any problem and there was none this morning - both installs - 1 to my laptop where I run SE and the other my server - both installed 2021.6 perfectly. However, you can actually download the API install as a separate install - but my advise is uninstall the MYOB and the API that is there - if any exists - clear the registry entry (in a post this thread from MYOB) - and reinstall. If you error - install the separate API install - however, neither of the posts this thread has mentioned whether they actually use the API. For normal operations the API is not used to run MYOB - it is only used if a 3rd party is accessing your file. If this is the case as it is for me - the standalone install works but functions slightly differently - it needs to be started separately as it is not run as a service as is the standard API install. Here is another thought - if the install for the existing cannot turn off the service (API Service ) to install and update you will get an error. Go into control panel - administration - services - and select the MYOB API service - and stop it. If it causes an error and says cannot be stopped - that will be part of the problem. Select the start up to manual and reboot the server - this service will now be stopped. Re-install API (not the standalone) the one that installs at the end of the 2021.6 install (I think thee is an icon in the Program to install this) - see if that fixes the problem. And finally - the API that comes with 2021.3 is still running perfectly accessing my 2021.6 file so it is now necessary to always update the API - only if major changes occur. Hope this helps The Doc
RGI
3 Posts
User
Australia
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ok all good now, uninstalled all the AccountRight Versions, to narrow the issue down. 

Checked the Uninstall registry could still see 2021.3 installed

looking at the install location, it was from a user profile.

Logged in sure enough 2021.3 was showing as installed only in the profile but cannot be uninstalled, though the 2021.3 API could be.

Cleaned up the uninstall registry entry.

Logged back in as my admin user

installed 2021.6 ok

API now installs.  

The only way I notice it was MYOB 2021.3 was showing installed in the registry.  when you review the installer location, that showed the user profile.

Thank you all.

LeighH1977
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

thank you, tried this but didnt work Smiley Sad

LeighH1977
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

fantastic explanations thank you and tried the first optioons of stopping the task but then after re reading your post i thought......well 2021.3 API is working as you mention so let it just work as is for now. my next step would have been to uninstall prev versions and ensure 2021.3 API was removed however i didnt want to risk removing an API that is working and still getting the error which would then mean no working API at all.

Thanks again for your help

LeighH1977
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

this is my next step should i run into issues with letting the 2021.3 API stay as is....for now the 2021.6 version is working and using the .3 api.

thanks

@RGI wrote:

ok all good now, uninstalled all the AccountRight Versions, to narrow the issue down. 

Logged in sure enough 2021.3 was showing as installed only in the profile but cannot be uninstalled, though the 2021.3 API could be.

installed 2021.6 ok

API now installs.  

The only way I notice it was MYOB 2021.3 was showing installed in the registry.  when you review the installer location, that showed the user profile.

Thank you all.

@RGI wrote:

installed 2021.6 ok

API now installs.  

Thank you all.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post