rickAUS
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AR EnterpriseClassic 19.14 initialisation error

UPDATES:

Have just been informed company file needed to be opened is not upgraded for 19.14, i'll install 19.12 (version it is at) and advise if still a problem.

-----

ORIGINAL REQUEST:

AV is disabled (also have exclusions in place for the install path - C:\EnterpriseClassic - and company file dir - C:\MYOB - when it is active) when I install it.

Seems that the link for the registry key remover mentioned in the fixing issues with uninstalling accountright v19 article is broken so I can't download it and perform that task but I can uninstall/reinstall without issues so I'm fairly certain that it's removing everything cleanly anyways

I can run the install as administrator, makes no difference

Environment is:

Windows Server 2019 Datacenter

OS Build 17763.557

Context:

I'm migrating a client's MYOB/Ostendo setup from Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. If I need to upgrade MYOB to a newer version that shouldn't be an issue but if I can get the current version working that'd be preferred.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,913 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,913Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Re: AR EnterpriseClassic 19.14 initialisation error

Hi @rickAUS 

There a few possible reasons why you encounter an Initialisation error. The most common one occurs when the link between AccountRight, Windows and Java is not working as intended. The recommendation is a reinstall of the product and running a registry cleaner prior to reinstall.

Typically, the registry cleaners are available on Fixing issues uninstalling AccountRight v19 although we are aware of an internal issue with the Support Note images and attachments that they will not correctly link through that our team are looking into. In the meantime, do let us know if you still require that registry cleaner and we can look at providing that via an FTP account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post