5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Accessing MYOB from 3 different pcs

I have a client who I do some work for and here are the client's issues:

Client has 3 desktops with MYOB.  Initially One pc was able to view the transactions recorded on the 2 other pcs but this eventually stopped or is not possible now. Is there a possibility to allow the 3 pcs to read each other and if so how do I do it?

The MYOB installed on the 3 pcs is AccountRight 2020.3

9 REPLIES 9
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,716 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,716Posts

786Kudos

909Solutions

Re: Accessing MYOB from 3 different pcs

Hi @Casperpng 

Thanks for your post. It sounds like your clients file is stored locally, not online. There's a couple of options available to allow your client to work on the company file on all 3 pcs. They can put they company file online and install the latest version of AccountRight on all 3 pcs. Or they could put the file online, install the latest version on one pc and use the AccountRight web browser on the other 2 pcs.

These help articles have detailed information to assist with this:

Getting the latest version

Put your company file online

Access AccountRight in a web browser

AccountRight 2020.3 has now been decommissioned so in order to put that company file online it will need to be upgraded to the latest version: AccountRight 2020.3 scheduled decommissioning

Please let me know if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Casperpng
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

Thanks for the quick response.

The 3 pcs have each been operating independently. So I am assuming each of the 3 pcs may have created separate companies on the MYOB installed on each pc.  So do I put the 3 separate from these 3 diffrenet pcs online?

The client has a server. What options do i have in regards to this?

Thanks

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,716 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,716Posts

786Kudos

909Solutions

HI @Casperpng 

Thanks for the additional information. A server is a completely different set up so you'll need to speak to their IT professtional about the why they can't access the file on all pc's. They won't have 3 separate files, it will be something like one file on the server and the 3 pcs access that file on the server. But it will depend on how the server was set up by their IT people.

Once you have more information on the server set up I'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Casperpng
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

The server is already setup for file sharing etc. If I download a server version of MYOB, I am assuming all the server version MYOB can cater for all the other pcs that connect to the server. This is my assumption.

Cheers

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,716 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,716Posts

786Kudos

909Solutions

Hi @Casperpng 

Server set ups can be complicated so I'm hesitant to tell you what you need to do. I'll give you some help articles on server and network set ups but I would recommend speaking with their IT professionals.

Getting the latest version

Which AccountRight installation should I choose?

Manage libraries

Set up a network

AccountRight MSI installer

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Casperpng
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

Some additional queries here:

The client has 3 AccountRight2020.3 installed on the existing pcs. That all needs to be upgrade to the lastest AccountRight. There is another additional PC which AccountRight needs to be installed. In total 4 pcs need to have the latest AccountRight. Do you have any idea how much it costs for a upgrade in terms of the 3 pcs which have the decommissioned AccountRight? The other pc will have a new installation of the latest AccountRight.

Are the subscription user based or pc based?  ie if I have 4 users, I pay 4 x subscription amount per year??

Cheers

casper

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,716 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,716Posts

786Kudos

909Solutions

Hi @Casperpng 

Subscriptions are company file based, you can have AccountRight installed on unlimited pc's with unlimited users. But you can only access an online company file that has a subscription. 

If you can send me the clients serial number in a private message I can look into the subscription.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Casperpng
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

I got some confirmation from the client yesterday. This is what they want.

The 3 pcs that have AccountRight2020.3 will need to be upgraded to AccountRight 2021. 1 extra pc will be installed with the latest AccountRight.

For the sceanario above, provide some advise how to go about doing the upgrade as well as the installation of the on the new pc with latest AccountRight.

Cheers

Casper

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,716 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,716Posts

786Kudos

909Solutions

Hi @Casperpng 

The client can download and install the latest version on all pc's by logging into their my.myob account or from our website:  myob.com/au/support/downloads If the client needs a subscription I can help with that if you send me a private message with the serial number and primary contact details.

How those pc's then access the company file will depend on the client's server set up (local network, terminal server) so they will need to speak to their IT professional. Unfortunately I can't help with the server set up as that is environment specific.

I would recommend reading those previously linked help articles as they have detailed information which will assist you with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post