Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Account Right 2017.1.1 Slow Access - Not Responding

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SHT
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
SHT
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Account Right 2017.1.1 Slow Access - Not Responding

Hi All

I"m hoping to get some assistance with improving the speed of MYOB 2017.1.1

End customer previously upgraded from Premier 19 to MYOB 2017.1 - previous Premier 19 installation was running perfectly in the Remote Desktop Services environment. The Data File is located on the server.

MYOB 2017.1.1 SE installed on Windows 2012 R2

Confirmed .NET Framework installed

We have gone through the standard Speed and Performance references on this forum.

We have checked the File and Folder Permissions

Disabled Antivirus and Firewall on Server

End customer constantly receiving "Unable to connect" - "The connection to the server was lost. Please check that the server is on and connected to the network"

End customer's access is constantly slow and freezing when using the application within the Remote Desktop Server and also outside of the Remote Desktop Server is very slow.

Please also find attached Diagnostic Log File.

Thanks again

4 REPLIES 4
Contributing Cover User L3Znumbers
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
L3Znumbers
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Account Right 2017.1.1 Slow Access - Not Responding

Hi 

I am having the same problem with AR2017

Did you get a resolution?

Contributing User ntechsolutions
5 Posts
Contributing User
ntechsolutions
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I run an IT firm and I can tell you EVERY SINGLE CLIENT who has upgraded to Accountright 2017 finds it incredibly slow, far far slower in every way than v19.  Slower to record, slower to look up, slower to print, constant freezeups.  These are clients with LOCAL DATA FILES, and new local data files under 50MB and also clients who converted larger files.  The size doesn't matter.  Accountright 2017 is a complete and utter joke, a total failure.  These clients are running MYOB on local computers with solid state drives and still experiencing aproduct FAR INFERIOR to v19.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO 2017.   As MYOB have completely and totally failed to directly addressthis major issue (just search the forum to see there pathetic non-responses) I can only recomend moving to a different product.

TJMToowoomba
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
TJMToowoomba
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We have recently upgraded from v19 to 2017.2 and have found the same

We upgraded due to MYOB crashing on 19.13

No miracles on fixing this?

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,688 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2688Posts

2049Kudos

385Solutions

Hi @TJMToowoomba

Much easier to fix the issues on v19.13 that were causing the problem. As you can tell from @ntechsolutions post, the problems with AR2017 affect many many users. MYOB are not serious about fixing it - they have had over 25 updates since releasing AR2011, and while performance has improved considerably since AR2011, it is still far from ideal.

If they fixed all the problems I would heartily endorse it and encourage users to upgrade - as it is, it only works for the smallest of users, can't recommend it.

PM me if you want some suggestions about the v19.13 issues.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post